PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Woofer Repair Help Please

DaveK
02-07-2009, 22:26
'Eveni' All,
Can I ask any member who is able and willing to take a look at the following eBay item: -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370223828706&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

I have fancied a sub-woofer to complete my 5.1 SS system but can always find something else, usually stereo music related, to spend my money on. Is it possible, from the information on the listing, to advise how much it would cost to put this item back in working order?
Thanks in anticipation.

Spectral Morn
02-07-2009, 22:43
'Eveni' All,
Can I ask any member who is able and willing to take a look at the following eBay item: -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370223828706&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

I have fancied a sub-woofer to complete my 5.1 SS system but can always find something else, usually stereo music related, to spend my money on. Is it possible, from the information on the listing, to advise how much it would cost to put this item back in working order?
Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Dave

The subs from MS are okay but not brilliant IMHO/E. I would look for a REL Quake small compact and very good. £350 new + you will need a speakon cable for connecting to the speaker outlets on your amplifier (for music). REL are one of the few sub brands that do music and home cinema well. Look for an ex demo one or S/H.

I would avoid anything thats broken, as it will cost a lot potentially to fix....unless its free.

Regards D S D L

StanleyB
03-07-2009, 07:34
Hi Dave, if you ever drive down to London you can always pass by and do a swap with me on a subwoofer I have collecting dust. I don't fancy posting it since I am a lousy packer...
It's surplus to requirement after I bought a fridge sized one from Dave Cawley. That reminds me that you should send Dave a PM to see if he has any left. He is also a skilled packer:).

Stan

DaveK
03-07-2009, 09:10
Hi Dave, if you ever drive down to London you can always pass by and do a swap with me on a subwoofer I have collecting dust. I don't fancy posting it since I am a lousy packer...
It's surplus to requirement after I bought a fridge sized one from Dave Cawley. That reminds me that you should send Dave a PM to see if he has any left. He is also a skilled packer:).

Stan

Hi Stan,
Thanks for your very generous offer, but 'swap' for what? I don't have much to barter with. I tend to avoid London like the plague (sorry if you love it - I prefer a quieter existence having spent a lot of time in my teens and twenties helping a friend run his farm after the early death of his father - {still mates 50 years later} - imagine, 'kids' let loose on a farm and no authority to respond too - magic !!), particularly by car. (Sorry for the convoluted sentence - hope you can make sense of it).
However, my son's job takes him all over the country and he is often in London. If you are agreeable I can ask him to collect it on my behalf next time he is down your way. His schedule is very unpredictable and often short notice so I may not be able to give you much warning and it may be a while before he can collect - are you OK to hang on to it for a while?
Meanwhile I will contact Dave Cawley to see if he has any left (that he can pack and ship !!) :)
Thanks again,