PDA

View Full Version : Lots of 70's and 80's gear

Qwin
08-04-2014, 18:45
Hi I am posting this on behalf of a chap who is helping a widower sell her late husbands gear, some of which was from his small recording studio.

Please note the Cellestion 66's have gone to yours truely and the Quad gear only has a few hours left on e-bay so you will have to be quick for that.

I think the rest is still available, some interesting reel to reels a Radford amp and lots of mics etc.

If you want to know more/talk prices get in touch with Andy, his e-mail address is at the end of the list. ;)

Everything is going for reasonable money but untested, I think the whole of the Quad set up is currently £200 on fleabay!!!

WEIRCLIFFE BULK ERASER MODEL 7
HARRY MOSS NO 400 SERIAL 1771 8 TRACK STEREO TUNER
PIONEER MODEL QX 8000 QUADRAPHONIC RECEIVER
SANYO MODEL MR- 801 STEREO TAPE RECORDER
NEC E103E GRAPHIC EQUALISER AUTHENTIC SERIES
AIWA 2 WAY SPEAKERS
CELESTION DITTON 66 SPEAKERS
BINATONE MINI CASSETTE ADAPTER MOD D2/0753
ELECTROSONIC PROGRAMMER ES1616
DENON RECEIVER DRA-425R this may have gone I am not sure
AWIA STEREO CASSETTE DECK AD-WX808
MEMOREX EQUALIZER EQ-302
CASSETTE STORAGE BOXES
EMI TAPE RECORDER TR52
2 AKG CONDENSER MICS WITH POWER BOX AND LEADS IN WOOD BOXES c28’s there are two boxes three microphones a’s and b’s
AUDIO DESIGN VOCAL STRESSER F769X-R two of these
CHILTON MIXER M10 -2 mk2 (MAGNETIC TAPES LTD)
REVOX TAPE RECORDER A77 the one in the case
MASTERTAPES AND NEW TAPES
ELECTRONIC MIXER
PYE RADIO CAMBRIDGE BAKERLITE MODEL
EDDINSON RADIO EDDTSTONE EB35
MARANZ AMPLIFIER MODEL 1030
EAGLE INTERNATIONAL AMP MOD AA.6
SONY CASSETTE RADIO TUNER TC-161-SD
TRIO TUNER RADIO KT-1300B
SONY CASSETTE PLAYER TC-161 SD
GARRARD RECORD DECK 125 SB
RADFORD AMP SPA-50
DENTON SPEAKERS poss Glendale 3
SOLAVOX SPEAKERS PR35 mk2
SOLORVOX SPEAKERS TK 30
ELECTROSONIC PROGRAMMER AND 3 PRE AMP MODULARS
GOLDRING TURNTABLE MODEL GL -70
DYNATRON SPEAKERS LS1724
GARRARD MUSIC CENTER GA200 no top
AUDIO DESIGN SCAMP BOX 10276/CB/mk1 F300 SCAMP VERO ELECTRONICS CASE
S05 AND S06 DYNAMIC NOISE FILTERS AND INSTRUCTIONS
TELETRON TUNER MODEL F-2100
2 NEUMAN MICROPHONES U87
2 UNISPHERE I MICROPHONES MOD 565
2 BEYER M66 AND M88 AND 2 MUFFLER COVERS
1 SMALL BEYER M160 MICROPHONE
1 SHURE/UNIDINE MICROPHONE
2 AKG MICROPHONE MOD 545
1 LONG SLIM SENNHEISER MICROPHONE MKH805
BOOM CASE
ACOS MIKE?
2 SMALL SENNHEISER MODEL MKH 805
1 LONG MIKE INC FLEX TUBE BEYER DYNAMIC M68N CODE6177
TELEFUNKEN TD21 MICROPHONE
MINI MICROPHONE UNKNOWN MAKE
BEYER HEADPHONES DT485 INC CASE
TIMER CLOCK
PROFFESIONAL TAPE ERASER ELSETONE ELECTRONICS WAL ERASER IN BOX LOOKS UNUSED
PIONEER PL-120 RECORD DECK
SHARP MIDI SYSTEM
ADVENT TAPE RECORDER MODEL 201 UNUSED
AKAI TAPE RECORDER MODEL C5.35D
SHARP DISK PLAYER DX-R250
LARGE PROFESSIONAL ALUMINIUM TRANSPORT CASE
SMALL PROFESSIONAL ALUMINIUM TRANSPORT CASE
LARGE QUANTITY OF VINTAGE CABLES
NEW RECORDING TAPES
QUAD 33
QUAD FM 3 TUNER
QUAD LW SW MW TUNER
QUAD 303 AMP
POWER PACK SWITCHING DEVICE
VINTAGE CABLES
SONY XS-1051 60 WATT CAR SPEAKERS
GOODMANS GLX130 CAR SPEAKERS
BLAUPUNKT DL1360 60 WATT CAR SPEAKERS
PHILLIPS AUTORADIO CAR PSEAKERS 30 WATT (2)
PHILLIPS AUTORADIO CAR SPEAKERS 40 WATT (2)
PIONEER TS-162DX (2)
PIONEER TS-167 (2)
PIONEER TS 1700 150 WATTS (2)
SONY XS 605 100WATTS (2)

I also have original product catalogues dated 1972/73
For sennheiser products and AKG microphones and AKG studio equipment
And books on setting up studios 1970’s style
A valuable reference source on these products even price lists
Will be around on Saturday and Sunday the goods are all in storage at Diss (Norfolk)

Regards Andy
andrewrackham@hotmail.com

Marco
08-04-2014, 18:53
:worthless:

;)

Marco.

Rothchild
08-04-2014, 19:13
PM Sent and then I re-read the post! Email also sent ;-)

loosend
09-04-2014, 11:49
Goog god that's some list!!

Qwin
09-04-2014, 12:48
Yes theres lots there, and some of it will be pretty worthless eg mass market cassete decks.

I know it would be better with pictures Marco but this is just to generate intrest. He is selling on behalf of someone else and is a non expert in this field and it would be a lot of work in one hit. He is also working in the midlands at the moment which does not help as the gear is in Norfolk. If any one is interested in say the Revox a77 or EMI proffessional recorder I'm sure he could arange pictures, he had been told some of the mics were sought after items.

For anyone close enough it might be worth going and having a look through it all.

A few things sold on ebay - The quad 33/303 combo with 2 different quad tuners and a power supply sold for £202 last night. Untested but cosmetically clean. I picked up the Celestion 66's for £420. The bass drivers have perished surounds with holes you can put your fingers through but I picked up a very clean pair of early bass drivers from a different seller for £80 the pair, so still a bit of a bargain for original mk ones with very nice veneer/grill cloth and good badges.

I don't think the proffessional cassette mastering deck has ever been out of its box, and that Marantz amp or evan the Radford might be worth enquiring about.

When he sent me the list of things that were available I thought it was too good an oportunity not to pass it on to the community (with his permission of course).
He is very responsive to questions but not knowledgeable in the field so if you are interested in anything drop him a line.

Xapito
09-04-2014, 14:38
PM sent reg 1030 and Pio quad.

Qwin
09-04-2014, 15:33
Please note I only posted the list and have no details about items or connection with the seller.

If you want to know more contact Andy, his email address is at the end of the list ;)

Qwin
11-04-2014, 08:30
I collected the Celestion 66's yesterday - Nice.

I had a quick look round at the other stuff on the list to get a feel for the condition of things.

It looks as though it was all cherished by the original owner and has just got dusty in storage.
It is kept in the spare room over their business premisses which is in daily use and more like a flat than an industrial store so nice and warm/dry. The original owner may have smoked so light nicotine covering on some items only, but that will come off with a spray of Mr sheen and a rub with a cloth.

The Revox A77 is the type in the black plastic case with a substantial solid opaque front cover for protection. Consequently the controls and meters inside are mint with perfect legends and no wear visible on anything. Power lead is with it.

The EMI recorder is in a very substantial transport case so all the paint/controls are compleatly intact, no scratches corner dings that I could see and the original manual is with it.

The Sanyo reel to reel is less loved and dusty on the shelf without a cover but still looks in good nick under the dust.

The Marantz 1030 amp front panel looks mint no scuffing, perfect legends, the rest of the case seems mark free as well.

Some of the Mics are still in the original velvet lined cases, some came with a box that may have been a transformer (booster) this is not my field of knowledge. Boxes of leads etc. some mixing consoles etc that didn't mean much to me.

I would say that cosmetically most of it just needed a good clean, it is all untested though which is the gamble you take, but the seller is aware of that effecting its value so you may pick it up at a very reasonable price.

He will be home this weekend which will be the best time to contact him.

Again, Andys email address is at the end of the list if you want to get in touch.

Xapito
11-04-2014, 09:46
Well, I got in touch and no answer so far :| Was interested at least in the Marantz amp.

Qwin
11-04-2014, 10:16
Try him at the weekend - he is working at Tamworth west Mids and in digs but said he would be home at weekend.
Someone else had to give me access to pick up the Celestions yesterday.;)

nat8808
11-04-2014, 11:01
A few things sold on ebay - The quad 33/303 combo with 2 different quad tuners and a power supply sold for £202 last night.

Sadly it looks like he bundled a microphone power supply with those Quads.. Might make the microphones a much harder sell without that!

Qwin
11-04-2014, 14:35
Nat - When I looked round there were other power supplies. The quads were still in the corner and the psu with them looked home made.

I oppened one travel case and inside was what was probably a power supply and a couple of smaller cases inside one of which I opened and inside this velvet lined item was a mic.

There is about half a room full of stuff and god knows what is in amongst it all.