PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say

Gomez
04-04-2014, 18:08
Hi
Been popping in here for a while, so I thought it would be rude not to sign up and say Hi, I've been seriously into music for ..... Well hmmmm lets just say before Cd's but after caves.

Music well where do I start ! In no particular order: Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Santana, Robin Trower, Gomez, The Audrey's, Leonard Cohen, Elbow, Wishbone Ash, The Doors, Hendrix, Jennifer Warnes, Beth Hart, Counting Crows, Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jam, Peter Gabriel, well I could keep going and goin but it's getting boring. I am currently listening to Beth Hart And Joe Bonamassa Don't Explain.

I enjoy most music genres however I've never managed to get into Country music, Folk & Southern Rock yea very much so , but Country Music, I've tried but so far I just can't get into it.

Gomez......

John
04-04-2014, 18:38
Hi Paul glad you decided to join
Welcome to AOS

The Grand Wazoo
04-04-2014, 19:04
Hi Paul,
Welcome to AoS.

Gomez
04-04-2014, 19:11
Hi both and thanks for the Welcome.

The Grand Wazoo
04-04-2014, 19:13
I see your list of kit.......but am intrigued as to what is hidden behind the 'Etc etc etc' bit!?

archiesdad
04-04-2014, 19:54
Howdy and welcome.

Gomez
04-04-2014, 21:04
I see your list of kit.......but am intrigued as to what is hidden behind the 'Etc etc etc' bit!?

Sometimes intrigue is the most interesting bit !
But I will reveal a little of the etcetra's one of them being a pair of B&WCdm1se's I've owned from new when they first came out, when We heard these with a DCS Elgar and A Krell 700, the room was just astounded, so they get put back in thier boxes when something new turns up then wait patiently for thier next centre stage appearance. As for the other etcetra's well Swans Actives and well maybe another day lol.

m10
04-04-2014, 22:53
Ooh, my eyes lit up when I saw Meridian 557 in your kit list. It's interesting that, after ceasing production a couple of years ago, Meridian have relaunched their analogue power amplifiers.

Big B&W CDM fan here as well - I have had mine for thirteen years now with no wanderlust. (Although I would do all kinds of things to be able to have a pair of Nautilus 801s - and a house that could take them!)

Welcome!

Barry
04-04-2014, 23:05
Welcome to AoS Paul.

Enjoy the Forum

Gomez
05-04-2014, 16:20
Ooh, my eyes lit up when I saw Meridian 557 in your kit list. It's interesting that, after ceasing production a couple of years ago, Meridian have relaunched their analogue power amplifiers.

Big B&W CDM fan here as well - I have had mine for thirteen years now with no wanderlust. (Although I would do all kinds of things to be able to have a pair of Nautilus 801s - and a house that could take them!)

Welcome!

Yea I think the Meridian 557 is rather special.
I've not heard the 801‘s but I have heard the 800's a friend of mine had them for a little while but he didn't like them as much as the Wilson Watt Puppy's that he has now. The system he owns now costs a rather obscene amount of money, but if you got it why not I suppose.
I don't know the exact model numbers but it consists of a Metronome Kalista Reference transport, Dcs Scarlatti, Sme turntable, some valve based phono stage, some Hernia inducing Krell monoblocks, The Wilsons and Cables that cost more than my whole system (probably blessed by a Shamen or something) it sounds ok though lol

Gomez
05-04-2014, 16:22
Welcome to AoS Paul.

Enjoy the Forum

Thanks Barry