PDA

View Full Version : Issue 22 of TONEAudio ready for download

TONEPUB
01-07-2009, 02:38
Greetings all....

Issue 22 is here and we’ve changed things a little bit. We’ve managed to make the standard PDF of TONEAudio smaller, now only about a 25mb file for 174 pages, our biggest issue yet, however there is a slight sacrifice in picture quality.

You can download that version here:

http://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_022.pdf

For those of you that would like even higher quality than what you are used to, and don’t mind spending about 5-8 minutes to download (depending on your connection speed), we have a high res version that you can download here: (note, this file is 130mb!)

http://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_022HDX.pdf

Think of the standard version as CD quality and the High Res version as 24/192!

Hope you enjoy it and thanks as always for reading.

HighFidelityGuy
02-07-2009, 15:39
This is the first time I've come across TONEAudio and I must say I'm rather impressed with the publication from the quick flick through I've just had. It's certainly a refreshing change from the usual What Hi-Fi tat. I'm looking forward to having a good read through this. Thanks!

aquapiranha
03-07-2009, 11:47
As usual this is fantastic! Many thanks for posting it.

REM
03-07-2009, 14:29
Quality publication, maybe some of the scribes from this side of the pond will pick up some tips on how it could/should be done, great stuff.

Cheers

TONEPUB
05-07-2009, 19:43
Thanks for the comments.

However, I don't really see our vision as the way "it should be done", it's really just my version of how I'd like it done. More like an extra channel on the TV, so to speak. If you like our show, tune in when you can and we're happy to have you...

One thing I'm curious about though, is download times over there. Are you reading the High Res version or the standard?

Beechwoods
05-07-2009, 19:47
I went for the hi-res version. Took a few minutes to download, came down very fast actually, but with broadband, it's not like time is money anyway :)

Mike
05-07-2009, 20:43
Grabbed the HDX in a minute flat. It's way more than 130M though! ;)

The Grand Wazoo
05-07-2009, 20:44
Thanks for the comments.

However, I don't really see our vision as the way "it should be done", it's really just my version of how I'd like it done. More like an extra channel on the TV, so to speak. If you like our show, tune in when you can and we're happy to have you...

One thing I'm curious about though, is download times over there. Are you reading the High Res version or the standard?

Hi Jeff,
I always marvelled at the filesize of Tone before this! Now I see you were working to a compromise by using a lower res. than you would have actually preferred!!! I think what you've done by offering a choice is great. The download time of the high res. version was nothing to worry about at all. Filesize is more like 260, though!!

Just one question if I may.
I've been reading Tone since I discovered it not long after issue 1 (I think I remember this correctly) & also used to occasionally read your photography version, but haven't tried to look for it for quite a while. The other week there was a bit of a flurry of photo related postings on here & I went looking for Tone Photo to provide a link for anyone interested. I couldn't find it - did you drop it or am I just being blind?

Cheers

TONEPUB
06-07-2009, 03:11
Hi there:

I am a bit baffled why this is downloading as a 260mb file.... It is only 130mb, honest! I'll have to call one of my buddies at adobe to see what's going on.

As for TONEPhoto, we started out almost five years ago, going to do both, and actually did four issues, but the Audio version took off so fast and furious and oddly enough, the photo world couldn't grasp why we were doing a PDF based photo magazine!

We initially thought both magazines would be about 60 pages each and had no idea Audio would grow into a 170+ page magazine on its own!

I thought it was going to be harder to convince the audio world...

So, TONE became more and more music as time went along and now that we've added some "associated lifestyle" content, and we have a few photo related advertisers in our pages as well, there will always be at least one or two photo related articles in TONE.

But I doubt we'll ever have the time or manpower to cover it all in two magazines again. I do miss it though, as that's my background. I was an advertising photographer most of my life and was writing in the photo world for about 8 years (Macworld, Cnet, Robb Report, Digital Photographer and even had an article published in What Digital Camera?) before coming over to hifi, my first love.

Pretty wacky, huh?

Alex_UK
10-06-2013, 22:05
We haven't seen TONEPUB for a while, but the magazine is still going strong and I particularly like the equal bias towards music, not just hi-fi. Especially good a read as it is free! Not connected in any way - just thought as I was reading issue 55 that I'd give this a "BUMP" :)

Here's the latest issue: http://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_055.pdf