PDA

View Full Version : slateplinth.....Bl**dy torture

clive7164
30-06-2009, 21:27
I have today picked up my new twin 40mm slate plinth from John at Slateage.

http://www.slateage.com/

It is a work of art and a testament to John and his teams skills and should sound fantastic when set up.

Unfortunately the builders landed this morning to fit new windows in my house and I cant get to set it all up for at least a week.

John took a few photos when I picked it up and hopefully will post them in the next few days.

I would recomend John to anyone wanting anything in slate(hi-fi or otherwise) he is a real gent and genuinely interested in anything hi fi and charges real world prices which in my case was substantionally less than the "slatedeck" price.

Thanks John

Clive Smith

aquapiranha
30-06-2009, 22:08
I have just had a look at the site, certainly makes some lovely stuff, and not just the hifi gear. The speaker cabs he make look truly stunning! I love slate....

I bet the finished TT is going to look and sound am million $

twelvebears
02-07-2009, 14:40
Hi Clive.

Glad you're pleased, the stuff John and his team produce is the business isn't it. I don't think I'll ever get bored of looking at or touching the cabs, they are just fantastic.

I've had a word with John about how to post images and directed him the the image hosting sticky in the gallery section so hopefully we'll see some pictures soon.

John will defo be getting the business for the replacement worktops I want next year....

clive7164
02-07-2009, 20:49
Hi Steve
John is good at what he does I cant wait to listen to the deck,just to rub salt in the wounds my new cabimets were finished today and although ive stuck the 12" drivers in and wired them up I cant get them in place to have a proper listen. Sound really good just plonked next to each other though
Clive

twelvebears
15-07-2009, 17:39
Have just noticed that John has posted some pics of your plinth on his website:

http://www.slateage.com/stone-products/hi-fi-furniture/

Very nice!!

clive7164
17-07-2009, 22:03
Hi Steve
yes its even nicer in the flesh and is sounding really good.Will post some pics (if I can work out how)when the builders leave in a couple of days.
Clive