PDA

View Full Version : marantz pm 7200 only works in source direct mode

09mike69
01-04-2014, 10:30
hi, works fine but only in source direct mode, anyone had this problem, or any suggestions. thanks, mike.:scratch:

agk
01-04-2014, 11:43
That's an odd one for sure. I'd say you are lucky though as it works in direct mode. I shall have a google in a bit and get back to you.

istari_knight
01-04-2014, 12:00
Check the two 500ma fuses on the tone board [1201/1202.]

Its a common problem thats reared its ugly head in every model Marantz has recycled this design for caused by inadequate components... Namely the dropper resistors feeding the tone circuit regs. Marantz used 1/4w carbon film which over the decades overheat & die. I always replace them with 1w MOX.

You may get lucky & just need some new fuses but IMO they blow for a reason.

09mike69
01-04-2014, 17:44
fuses are intact. speakers A wont work unless i select speakers B. thanks, mike.
Check the two 500ma fuses on the tone board [1201/1202.]

Its a common problem thats reared its ugly head in every model Marantz has recycled this design for caused by inadequate components... Namely the dropper resistors feeding the tone circuit regs. Marantz used 1/4w carbon film which over the decades overheat & die. I always replace them with 1w MOX.

You may get lucky & just need some new fuses but IMO they blow for a reason.

istari_knight
01-04-2014, 17:59
Then you have problems... This isn't the sort of thing that can be diagnosed over the net, there are too many variables & no "simple fixes."

Book it in with your local repair tech is my suggestion :thumbsup:

09mike69
01-04-2014, 21:22
yes i tried just using the power amp section and the right channel was distorted. it looks very difficult to work on too, all circuit boards have to be lifted as there doesnt seem to be access from under......they dont make em like they used to. thanks again for your time, mike.
Then you have problems... This isn't the sort of thing that can be diagnosed over the net, there are too many variables & no "simple fixes."

Book it in with your local repair tech is my suggestion :thumbsup: