PDA

View Full Version : Plutos vs G1500HD

dgolh
25-03-2014, 06:27
By any chance, did anybody compare these interconnects in his system?

People start to rave about Plutos and Mark's cables are highly praised on AOS. A side by side comparison would be interesting.

jandl100
25-03-2014, 07:21
I've heard both, but not side by side.

But my thinking is that while the MG 1500 is a fine cable, the Pluto Mk2 is quite exceptional. The Pluto2 is certainly the cable that I am using now. :)

MCRU
26-03-2014, 09:14

People start to rave about Plutos and Mark's cables are highly praised on AOS. A side by side comparison would be interesting.

The only way to tell is use them in your system otherwise opinions from others are a waste of time as no one except you has your system

icehockeyboy
26-03-2014, 10:35
The only way to tell is use them in your system otherwise opinions from others are a waste of time as no one except you has your system

So theoretically then Dave, this renders any review of any Hifi related kit totally worthless then? :scratch:

Wakefield Turntables
26-03-2014, 10:51
So theoretically then Dave, this renders any review of any Hifi related kit totally worthless then? :scratch:

I there could be a grain of truth in that statement, unfortunately :(. Every single system will sound different, that's for sure. We all know about "great" pieces of hifi kit, but is it true they will sound great in the system? I s'pose the only way to find out is to try them in your own kit, a case of suck it and see I think.

Yomanze
26-03-2014, 10:58
Argh one of my interconnnects was too short after a system reshuffle, and I think the LFD Grainless is probably massively overkill for the power amp on the tweeters, so just bought a 1m set of the Pluto MK2s. :)

brian2957
26-03-2014, 11:17
Couldn't help yourself Neil ? :lol: If these MK2s are better than the originals then they will be very good indeed as the originals are fine interconnects .

fiddlemaker
26-03-2014, 11:25
If it is true that interconnects sound different, then surely it must be the case that this difference will depend on the electrical characteristics of the 2 components they are connecting. This is taking "good housekeeping" (eg integrity of screening, connections etc) as a given, of course.

YNWaN
26-03-2014, 11:54
I've not tried the Pluto, but I have used the Mercury and compared it to the Mark Grant - I preferred the Mercury (really liked it in fact).

Tarzan
26-03-2014, 18:38
Argh one of my interconnnects was too short after a system reshuffle, and I think the LFD Grainless is probably massively overkill for the power amp on the tweeters, so just bought a 1m set of the Pluto MK2s. :)

:popcorn:

jandl100
26-03-2014, 20:23

Every time you use that smiley, Andy, you should donate a £ to charity. :lol:

Yomanze
26-03-2014, 20:33
I do have a pair of G1500HD sitting here actually that I could compare. As mentioned in a previous thread though these Profi connectors do not take prisoners when it comes to flimsy RCA sockets (they're built for pro audio standard), so if you use them take extra care and do not force the connection. They are great with proper RCA sockets though.

Tarzan
27-03-2014, 07:03
Every time you use that smiley, Andy, you should donate a £ to charity. :lol:

My house would be repoded in that case Jerry.:D

dgolh
27-03-2014, 09:18
I think I'm gonna give a try to Plutos, anyway they are not that pricey.

Mark Grant
27-03-2014, 11:01

Best to make your own opinions in your own system as asking on the internet is like asking which cheese or wine tastes best, everyone has a different opinion :)

That's why I have a really easy no problems at all 30 day returns policy so people can try for a long time, I will bend over backwards to help everyone.

Wakefield Turntables
27-03-2014, 11:52
I can feel a duel:fence:of words occuring here.

Reffc
27-03-2014, 12:10
Best to make your own opinions in your own system as asking on the internet is like asking which cheese or wine tastes best, everyone has a different opinion.

That's why I have a really easy no problems at all 30 day returns policy so people can try for a long time, I will bend over backwards to help everyone.

Read RFC returns it says you cant return if you dont like the sound which is not fair !

http://referencefidelitycomponents.co.uk/purchase-and-delivery/

In my opinion that is harsh and should ideally be changed.

It may say that Mark but I do give people the benefit of the doubt and have extended listening tests where expressly requested. I adhere fully by DSR too. I think it's a little off for one manufacturer to have a pop at another. I have only had praise for you. We may have different business models and different opinions, but a week or two is all it usually takes for people to make their minds up about a product.

No war of words Andy....just a little surprised that Mark felt it necessary to plug MG cables by having a pop at someone else. Nuff said.

Mark Grant
27-03-2014, 12:12
I can feel a duel:fence:of words occuring here.

Not at all :) Just pointing out that its best to make own opinions in own system and always check returns policy before ordering to avoid any disappointments.

Reffc
27-03-2014, 12:30
Disappointments are easily managed in the case of RFC as I keep trial leads for the Plutos that potential customers are free to borrow and try before purchase of their own custom set.

Marco
27-03-2014, 12:39
Hi Mark,

I think that's just something Paul's written on his website to cover himself 'officially', as it were.

As Paul has said, and indeed as I know myself, he's allowed plenty of customers trials of his cables, in order to allow them to make up their minds about them in their own system, even though that is not stated on his website. You wouldn't have known that, of course :)

Therefore, it's probably a bit unfair to quote that bit from his website, as it doesn't reflect the reality of the situation, so perhaps you could do me a favour, mate, and remove that part from your post, as it could be damaging to Paul?

Cheers, dude! :cool:

Marco.

worrasf
27-03-2014, 13:00
Hi Mark,

he's allowed plenty of customers trials of his cables, in order to allow them to make up their minds about them in their own system,
Yep and I am one of them. That's how I got introduced to the Pluto's in the first place - sent as a trial at no cost - only stumped up after I had decided I liked them.
Steve

aBe
28-03-2014, 02:42
Paul, any chance of offering Digital Coax in the Pluto MKII line up as well ?

Tim
28-03-2014, 21:12
Most definitely agree with that - I use reviews and others opinions a bit like I use a SatNav, very good *as a guide* but you should still work it out for yourself to be really sure ;)

Reffc
29-03-2014, 17:28
Paul, any chance of offering Digital Coax in the Pluto MKII line up as well ?

Of course:thumbsup:

You say what you'd like; I'll make it.

dgolh
10-05-2014, 18:11
Well, I couldn't imagine that my question would bring any argument on the forum. Sorry about that.

I've picked my Plutos at the Post office this morning and plugged them at 7:00 PM.

It is too soon to have a definitive opinion on the difference with the GD1500 but I'll let you know soon.

BTW : is there any required burn in time ?

Audio Al
11-05-2014, 05:21
My Pluto MK11 are on holiday with Tarzan :)

Tarzan
11-05-2014, 05:22
My Pluto MK11 are on holiday with Tarzan :)

:scratch: No Plutos round here mate.

Audio Al
11-05-2014, 05:24
:scratch: No Plutos round here mate.

:lol: Nice try

How is Oleta today ?

Tarzan
11-05-2014, 05:37
:lol: Nice try

How is Oleta today ?

Sorry, do l know you? Who is Oleta?:scratch::mental:

Audio Al
11-05-2014, 06:13
Sorry, do l know you? Who is Oleta?:scratch::mental:

I thought you were the guy who lent me a Sony 770Es maybe not

Tarzan
11-05-2014, 12:37
I thought you were the guy who lent me a Sony 770Es maybe not

:doh:- See you Wednesday.

Tarzan
11-05-2014, 12:39
l can confirm that the Reference Plutos sound very nice indeed.:)- have not tried them on a SONY 770ES yet though.

Yomanze
13-05-2014, 17:02
Am going to compare the G1500HD and Pluto mk2s this week as I have both. :)

CageyH
13-05-2014, 17:40
I think I can predict the winner in terms of sound quality, based on my recent experience.

Yomanze
13-05-2014, 17:57
At the same time I've just had a pair of Black Rhodium Cratos power cables wiped out by a couple of £15 UK cottage jobs. Will have a listen. Cables are very system dependent. :)

Tarzan
13-05-2014, 18:46
Am going to compare the G1500HD and Pluto mk2s this week as I have both. :)