PDA

View Full Version : Any good?

icehockeyboy
17-03-2014, 08:53
Bought a set of Van Damme lcofc ic's, the blurb stating all the respected studios and places that used them persuaded me to take a punt.

Thoughts boys and girls?

Any good?

StanleyB
17-03-2014, 10:06
Bought a set of Van Damme lcofc ic's, the blurb stating all the respected studios and places that used them persuaded me to take a punt.

Thoughts boys and girls?

Any good?
Any good for what? They won't be suitable as shoe laces.

jandl100
17-03-2014, 10:25
Van Damme ? ---- :zzz:

icehockeyboy
17-03-2014, 11:21

Oh dear....that's a curry wasted then.... :(

synsei
17-03-2014, 11:34
Oh dear....that's a curry wasted then.... :(

Or you could just wait for them to arrive and make up your own mind... ;)

icehockeyboy
17-03-2014, 11:41
Or you could just wait for them to arrive and make up your own mind... ;)

What an odd thing to say..... Who on earth does that when there are forums to make our minds up for us! :)

Joking apart, Jerry and I have similar tastes when it comes to all things wirey.

icehockeyboy
17-03-2014, 11:52
Any good for what? They won't be suitable as shoe laces.

Well you have disappointed me Stan.

That was the reason I bought them.

Yomanze
17-03-2014, 13:22

The UP-LCOFC stuff is likely to be very similar the the Hitachi interconnects...

nat8808
17-03-2014, 13:27
Spend some time forming your opinion of them first - helps with the placebo effect part of your listening experience (unavoidable for any human being).

icehockeyboy
17-03-2014, 13:37
Spend some time forming your opinion of them first - helps with the placebo effect part of your listening experience (unavoidable for any human being).

I will Nat! :)

They are one of the cheapest ic's I've ever had, and really just wanted to see if they were up to anything, just like the surprise I got when re installing the uber cheap Sound Cords!

Having had some stupidly highly priced Black Rhodiums at £600 they are by comparison, take away curry price!

nat8808
17-03-2014, 15:18
That's good so far. :)

The image of them being cheap and still beating much more expensive cables will add to positive placebo effects (assuming you deep down don't want the expensive ones to win because you love expensive stuff..) and further help them along in subject testing.

I've got some Van Damme mic cable interconnects (silver plated copper) and they are darn cheap. In truth I bought them as already terminated external armwire to re-wire a Syrinx PU2 tonearm I sold as I'd noticed a re-wired Hadcock with the same wire and plugs fetched £100 more on ebay than one with original wire (similar result happened with the Syrinx).

What I have left over sounds as good as any other cable in my system (I'm not a cable swapper, damned if I'm going to spend precious time listening for differences and having to rely on memory between swaps - seems a silly game to play!).

icehockeyboy
18-03-2014, 16:37
Bloody Hell!

astonishingly good!

And as for the price, it's just plain silly!

Jerry, why don't you like them?

Now, I don't know whether it's just me, but I always seem to like the sound of things before they are burnt in, if you believe in that sort of thing, so hopefully they won't change that much with a good few hours on them.

Yomanze
18-03-2014, 17:15
Jerry will be likely be referring to the non UP-LCOFC stuff...

Yomanze
18-03-2014, 17:22
Think about it, if a pro manufacturer recognises the benefits of "linear crystal" copper then there must be something in it! Most of my own cables use the same style of cable, which reduces subjective graininess IMHO.

icehockeyboy
18-03-2014, 17:28
Jerry will be likely be referring to the non UP-LCOFC stuff...

I think mine are the non UP ones.......? Is the price indicative?

Even if they are, they still sound wonderful!

Yomanze
18-03-2014, 18:22
I think mine are the non UP ones.......? Is the price indicative?

Even if they are, they still sound wonderful!

More the LC bit that's important, so my comments still stand. :)