PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Tav
16-03-2014, 22:48
Hello all,

I've been getting so much useful information here that I thought I should actually join.

I listen to a wide variety of music and am particularly fond of valve amplification. That said I've gone a bit digital source mad in the past few years and now play most things from a Mac mini running Amarra and Ardirvana. I've always been a bit of a track swapper so it suits me just fine having the ability to flit around from one thing to the next. The mini feeds a Weiss INT204 converter into an M2Tech Vaughan Dac. Preamp is a Unison Research Mystery One and power is via UR SMART 845 monoblocks. I've recently acquired some living voice IBX R2's after many happy years with ProAc response 1.5's. CDP is a Wadia 301 with is marginally better than my trusty 20 year old Arcam Alpha 9 which I can't bear to part with.

I am currently bereft as both the pre and the monos have gone off for capacitor replacement and upgrading, so I am here for some solace - only a week to go until they're back though.

The Grand Wazoo
16-03-2014, 23:02
Hi Andrew,
Welcome to AoS from me.

MartinT
17-03-2014, 06:52
Hello Andrew and welcome to AoS. I've never heard of those 845 monoblocks but I bet they sound good with the Living Voice speakers. Hopefully they'll sound even better when returned!

Tav
17-03-2014, 08:34
Sorry for my abbreviation of UR they are also unison research http://en.unisonresearch.com/159/smart-845/

... and they sound lovely with the Living Voices, no hifi blurb you just fall into the music.