PDA

View Full Version : Audirvana Plus

selby
16-03-2014, 14:10
Bloody hell is all I can say!

Just compared Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone first via Qobuz (streaming FLAC) then a AIFF (ripped using X Lossless Decoder) played in standard iTunes and then tried it in Audirvana it's like I've got a new album/hifi.

I've switched back and fourth and via Audirvana you can pick out so much more depth. Little notes and details I've not heard before, you can hear the grain if the strings on the cello...it's amazing.

Only bad news, I'm using the free trial so now I'm going to have to find the money to buy the software.

Anyone else had such night and day results?

Any tips for using it to its best?

roob
16-03-2014, 15:59
I used it(trial version) and it is good but not night and day experience, I already have Pure Music and JR19 for mac so did not buy the full package.

allsorts
18-03-2014, 22:57
I've been using Audirvana for a couple of years in different iterations. Eventually bought the retail version when it came along. For me, going from (itunes directly to a dac) to adding this software in, was a night and day improvement. It enhanced my listening experience tremendously. I now employ it in integer and hog mode, 24/96, which gives me all the benefits of Audirvana Plus but allows me to retain the itunes screen which I'm comfortable with. Maxing out the ram on my computer also helped.
System: Macbook 7,1, iTunes 10.7, AIFF, MF V-LINK II (USB to CoAx), CoAx to Beresford Bushmaster2 (battery powered).
BTW I found Damien, the creator of Audirvana to be a great help with getting started and assisting with some newbie problems I had initially. Buy the program when you can - he deserves a reward for his efforts.

mwheelerk
19-03-2014, 10:17
I've been using Audivrana for probably 18 months now and I am a fan. The current version is 1.5.12. If you have not engaged Integer Mode I would do so. Some of the DSP processing is quite nice but the wide variability of adjustment can be quite confusing and maybe even intimidating. I have only used it in integrated with iTunes though some profess a preference in using it stand alone. If you are not in a big hurry to add this you may want to wait. Audivrana 2.0 is on the horizon. Like JRiver Media Center, Audivrana 2.0 will be a complete replacement for iTunes offering both playback and data management. Though I don't know for certain I am assuming this will be offered as a completely new product and not a free upgrade if you own the 1.5 version.