PDA

View Full Version : Anti-static Inner Sleeves

The Grand Wazoo
27-06-2009, 17:26
This morning, I received a thick parcel from Japan containing some anti-static inner sleeves. These are the cheapest I've ever bought by a long way and of good quality.

I got them from Ebay - the seller is Snow Records Japan http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/SnowRecordscojp-JAPAN__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I paid £15.13 per 100 & got free postage for buying more than one lot.

They took about 2 weeks to arrive.

DaveK
27-06-2009, 19:37
Hi again Chris,
Bit late now for you but perhaps a few vinyl lovers on the forum could get together and place a joint order next time.
Cheers,

Marco
27-06-2009, 19:42
I'd be up for that :)

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
27-06-2009, 19:56
Good idea, Dave, I should have thought to offer.

MartinT
27-06-2009, 21:38
That's excellent value. The best I could find were 50 non-branded Nagaoka inner sleeves for about £12.

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
28-06-2009, 05:05
Chris

Count me in too, please.

Andy - SDDW

DaveK
28-06-2009, 07:50
Good idea, Dave, I should have thought to offer.

Good Morning Chris,
You don't say how many you bought but inferred that it was over 100. Assuming that you can't use them all immediately, can you recoup some of your costs, (and make a copper or two for yourself :) )by offloading some of them to the parties that have expressed interest. If the quantities involved/required are above what you can spare, you/we possibly have the basis of a second order. I am in no hurry (waiting for the ETA of my SL1200 still), so no need for an immediate response for me.
Cheers,

Dave Cawley
28-06-2009, 08:17
Are these the items click here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120400245879) ?

They don't actually say anti-static, or have I lost the plot again?

Dave

Barry
28-06-2009, 13:43
I'd be up for that :)

Marco.

Yep me too!

The Grand Wazoo
28-06-2009, 14:13
I bought these (200) to facilitate a series of monster cleaning sessions. I've owned my RCM for 4 or 5 years & have been working through the records alphabetically but am still only part way into the B's. I've not been nearly as persistant at carrying out cleaning sessions as I should've been, so I think it's time I got on with it.

The records I've been selling have used up most of my old supply. I'd rather hang on to them Dave, sorry. It sounds like there are enough interested folks to get together an order.

As to whether they're anti-static or not Dave (C) - yes, you're correct, it doesn't actually say they are anywhere on the advert does it?

I'll do some experiments involving frantic rubbing motions if you like!!!!!!!!!!!

Marco
28-06-2009, 15:15
I'll do some experiments involving frantic rubbing motions if you like!!!!!!!!!!!

Daphne tells me she'll be 'on hand' to assist if necessary ;)

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
28-06-2009, 15:41
Daphne tells me she'll be 'on hand' if necessary ;)

Marco.

Thanks for the offer of Daphne, Marco.
Do you drive a big old Cadillac with fins & white wall tyres & dress like this...........
http://www.backwardglances.com/images/pimp%20suit.jpg

I took an old compilation album ('Good For Nothing -The Sounds Album Vol.1' if you're interested) & rubbed the bejeezus out of it with some fleece material.

(At this point people standing in the next County were reporting that hair all over their bodies was standing on end, nearby pilots were reporting their instruments malfunctioning & I swear I heard a little girl calling for her lost dog - "Toto..........Toto" as a thunder storm started overhead).

When the disc was placed in one of the new inners, the plastic didn't stick to the record. When it was removed from the sleeve, it was still charged.

Is this a good enough experiment? - I don't know.

Spectral Morn
28-06-2009, 16:22
Daphne tells me she'll be 'on hand' to assist if necessary ;)

Marco.

You could not afford me guys ;), you could not afford me.....:lol::lol::lol::lol: High class in borrowed shoes..... Anyway I work for myself now, no more bad men....;):lol:

Regards D

The Grand Wazoo
02-07-2009, 19:54
I took an old compilation album ('Good For Nothing -The Sounds Album Vol.1' if you're interested) & rubbed the bejeezus out of it with some fleece material.

(At this point people standing in the next County were reporting that hair all over their bodies was standing on end, nearby pilots were reporting their instruments malfunctioning & I swear I heard a little girl calling for her lost dog - "Toto..........Toto" as a thunder storm started overhead).

When the disc was placed in one of the new inners, the plastic didn't stick to the record. When it was removed from the sleeve, it was still charged.

Is this a good enough experiment? - I don't know.

So..............does anyone know, based on the above evidence, whether these sleeves are anti-static, or not?

Barry
02-07-2009, 23:19
Hi Chris,

Based on your supererogotory efforts, I think we can assume that they are anti-static.

Cheers

The Grand Wazoo
02-07-2009, 23:37
Hi Chris,

Based on your supererogotory efforts, I think we can assume that they are anti-static.

Cheers

I bow to your experience (& to the undoubted brilliance of your ability in getting the 'above & beyond word' into conversation!)

.............I think we're still gonna get that thunder storm, though & it'll certainly make that pimp suit stand on end.

Barry
02-07-2009, 23:49
HaHa :lol:, We could do with it to freshen things up around here; its been a bit muggy today.

(Yes I know muggy was three days ago, followed by tuggy, weggy etc. but here in Essex we are three days behind everyone else).

Cheers

The Grand Wazoo
02-07-2009, 23:54
HaHa :lol:, We could do with it to freshen things up around here; its been a bit muggy today.

(Yes I know muggy was three days ago, followed by tuggy, weggy etc. but here in Essex we are three days behind everyone else).

Cheers

I thought I was the only person on God's earth who did the muggy joke, Barry.
I never tried to write or type it though, but I'm sure your spelling is wrong.

Barry
03-07-2009, 00:01
Apologies - would not want to be accused of plagiarism, though apparently jokes cannot be the subject of copyright.

Cheers

The Grand Wazoo
03-07-2009, 00:06
Apologies - would not want to be accused of plagiarism, though apparently jokes cannot be the subject of copyright.

Cheers

No, no, not at all - you go for your life. I'm always pleased to see someone who shares my somewhat questionable sense of humour.

Beechwoods
03-07-2009, 18:57
Brings to mind "a second-class return to Dottingham, please." :lol:

The Grand Wazoo
02-07-2011, 17:44
I've just been back to these folks I mentioned in the original post to buy some more sleeves from them.
Another 300, this time bought direct from their website - better price than their Ebay shop. They worked out at a fraction over 14 pence each including postage from Japan.
I challenge anyone to find cheaper inner sleeves anywhere!

The website is here:
http://www.snowrecords.co.jp/

You can pay with Paypal.
Oh, and while you're on the website, you can browse through the 21,319 records that they currently list.
Twenty.......one.......thousand!!!!!!!!

Rare Bird
02-07-2011, 17:48
I buy CD inner sleeves for collectors mini LP CD editions from a guy in Japan, dirt cheap.Ordered another tondred this morning.

Jac Hawk
02-07-2011, 17:55
I've just been back to these folks I mentioned in the original post to buy some more sleeves from them.
Another 300, this time bought direct from their website - better price than their Ebay shop. They worked out at a fraction over 14 pence each including postage from Japan.
I challenge anyone to find cheaper inner sleeves anywhere!

mine only cost me 13.5p each sleeve http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180657928606 think i'll take that challenge :cool:

The Grand Wazoo
02-07-2011, 18:08
Doh!
Yebbut....they were a one off.
Nice deal though, well done Mike!

Jac Hawk
02-07-2011, 22:15
Doh!
Yebbut....they were a one off.
Nice deal though, well done Mike!
Yeah i am quite pleased with myself :) I think David Brook aka 'mains cables r us' sells em too. I like em a lot, they're easier to use than the Nagaoka sleeves and i get absolutely zero static build up from them, what more can you ask for.

colinB
02-07-2011, 23:38
Chris can these fit into the paper inner sleeves you get with lps, you know the ones that have lyrics printed of them?
And, have you bought any records from them?

The Grand Wazoo
03-07-2011, 08:12
Yes, that's why I prefer the light gauge ones like these and the Nagaoka ones, they go into inner sleeves (including ones that are already lined).

Never bought any records from them, but my experiences with Japanese record retailers have always been extremely positive.

Macca
03-07-2011, 09:35
Oh, and while you're on the website, you can browse through the 21,319 records that they currently list.
Twenty.......one.......thousand!!!!!!!!

Or check out the 3239 laser discs :stalks:

The Grand Wazoo
13-07-2011, 23:47
I got my inner sleeves today - 11 days from order to delivery, that's pretty good.

Like everything I've ever got from Japan, the packaging in fastidious. They were bound together and sealed and bagged in 100's, all three packs were then bagged wrapped up in bubble wrap inside a big box fer crying out loud! God forbid that they might have got crushed or folded!!

I've said it before & now, i'll say it again - if you need inners, then these are the folks to get them from.

kcc123
14-07-2011, 06:12
There is a shop in Hong Kong where I bought hundreds of inner anti-static sleeves and outer LP protective covers (different sizes) at a very cheap price.

There are one hundred sleeves in each pack.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u114/KCCTKC/P1170092copy.jpg