PDA

View Full Version : New cart

struth
15-03-2014, 12:16
Decided to put my new to me Aurum Classic cart on my srm arezzo TT instead of the jvc. This replaces the ortafon red and think it sounds a tad better to say the least although it only just went on. The overhang forced me to the very end of the rega 250 arms limits.
it does not look as nice as the red but I will live with it methinks for the sonic improvements.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/15/zahubajy.jpg

dantheman91
15-03-2014, 16:10
Hi Grant,

Very nice but from the photos it looks like the cart is not flush with the rega mounting if not it should be to get the best performance from it :cool:

Also using odd bolts is not really ideal....

struth
15-03-2014, 16:15
The bolts are the ones with the cart and are the same. Ti get the overhang correct the cart needs to stick out slightly unfortunately but the positioning was triple checked.
Sounds great but alas it sticks over a few mil.

dantheman91
15-03-2014, 16:17
Hi

Hmm Strange but if it sounds good then :D

Enjoy..

struth
15-03-2014, 16:41
Just went round to my mates and got my trusty geo disc back.
...and your right this protractor i am using is wrong. It was the one that came with the deck and arm.
Geo pushes it back flush which looks better....sounds the same though i think....still thanks for that Dan....gonna put that in bucket and not lend out the geodisc again...hate people that dont return things:lol:

struth
15-03-2014, 16:45
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/y3u9u6ad.jpg

struth
15-03-2014, 16:47
Picture is not bad for a phone. Its quite good at close ups

dantheman91
15-03-2014, 16:59
Just went round to my mates and got my trusty geo disc back.
...and your right this protractor i am using is wrong. It was the one that came with the deck and arm.
Geo pushes it back flush which looks better....sounds the same though i think....still thanks for that Dan....gonna put that in bucket and not lend out the geodisc again...hate people that dont return things:lol:

Hi Grant

No worries :) Glad to of been of help.

Sit back and enjoy the tunes :eyebrows: