PDA

View Full Version : anyone know where i might get these?

09mike69
13-03-2014, 12:10
hi, does anyone know where i might be able to get these 4 band resistors?. thanks, mike.1179611797

09mike69
13-03-2014, 12:16
sorry, just to clarify its the larger two vertical resistors in the pic, bands appear to be- blue,grey,orange,gold- and orange,white,grey,gold. thanks again for any advice.

Firebottle
13-03-2014, 12:41
Hi Mike,

The first is a 68K 5% resistor. The second looks like Orange/White/Silver which would be 0.39 ohms, again 5%.
They look like 3W size.

If it's just the outer cement layer that's missing, this is just an outer skin to protect the resistive element.
Are the resistors otherwise damaged? Do you have a means to test the values?

I may have some spares if you need them, I'll have a look,

:cool: Alan

09mike69
13-03-2014, 16:26
Hi Mike,

The first is a 68K 5% resistor. The second looks like Orange/White/Silver which would be 0.39 ohms, again 5%.
They look like 3W size.

If it's just the outer cement layer that's missing, this is just an outer skin to protect the resistive element.
Are the resistors otherwise damaged? Do you have a means to test the values?

I may have some spares if you need them, I'll have a look,

they went pop the other night and they have burn marks on top so im assuming these are the culprits. i dont have any way to test them tho. if you have any spare i would be willing to remunerate you for kindness. thanks for your time. mike.

Ali Tait
13-03-2014, 16:29
Problem is, there will most likely be a reason they went pop. Have a good look round the rest of the board.

09mike69
13-03-2014, 17:28
Problem is, there will most likely be a reason they went pop. Have a good look round the rest of the board.

i have checked the board and these were the only obvious blown components, i thought id at least try to replace them before throwing it out. thanks. mike.

Ali Tait
13-03-2014, 18:43
Aye, worth a try.

Firebottle
13-03-2014, 19:06
i have checked the board and these were the only obvious blown components, i thought id at least try to replace them before throwing it out. thanks. mike.

I have a couple of 33K 2W that you could connect in series to replace the 68K, and a 0.5 ohm 2.5W that you could put in place of the 3.9 ohm.
PM your address and I'll stick them in the post, FOC.

I'm all for trying to keep stuff out of the skip :eyebrows:

09mike69
14-03-2014, 14:54
I have a couple of 33K 2W that you could connect in series to replace the 68K, and a 0.5 ohm 2.5W that you could put in place of the 3.9 ohm.

thanks, i've pm'd you my address, if you can let me know if you got my message. many thanks, mike.

09mike69
20-03-2014, 22:03

thanks for takin the time to post the resistors alan, its still blowin the fuses but it was worth a shot before it goes to the dump.

istari_knight
20-03-2014, 22:27
What is it ? A TV power supply board ?

09mike69
21-03-2014, 08:39
What is it ? A TV power supply board ?

yes.

nat8808
24-03-2014, 19:23
Cheap switchmode power supplies are going to completely destroy this planet and use up all it's resources!

A whole TV gets thrown away because the power supply goes (and they're pretty difficult to fault find, although replacements are often available) - never used to be the way. There will be none of today's tv still in use in 10 years time, unlike people's old CRTs which last decades.

Naughty Nigel
24-03-2014, 21:20
Cheap switchmode power supplies are going to completely destroy this planet and use up all it's resources!

A whole TV gets thrown away because the power supply goes (and they're pretty difficult to fault find, although replacements are often available) - never used to be the way. There will be none of today's tv still in use in 10 years time, unlike people's old CRTs which last decades.

We still have two CRT TV's, and they just keep going. Our 26" Panasonic has some of the best sound I have heard from any TV (using its own speakers of course), so we'll be using it for as long as it lasts.

Nigel.