PDA

View Full Version : Camel

talisman2
10-03-2014, 07:54
i was at Sheffield City Hall last night with Number One Son to see the 'Masters Of Prog', Camel , and i have got to say it , they were fantastic and on top form (Masters of the genre) .hall was packed and they were given a standing ovation at the start and finish of the concert(richly deserved) .
Mr Latimer was on top form with his peerless guitar playing as were the rest of the band !! worth every penny .
i also noticed fellow AOS member Floyddroid in the audience (who i know to like Camel a little bit !!) and i wonder if he will endorse my comments on the concert ?? :)

Floyddroid
11-03-2014, 19:40
Indeed i will good sir. I couldn't have put it better myself. Andy seems to be fully restored to full power and just like yourself thought the journey and expence worth every penny. Gutted about Guy Le Blanc and as noble a gesture as it was Ton was struggling to keep up. Thotch's Tony Pebble would have been my first choice. Camel can still make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck can't they Alf? Linn got a few things right over the years and one of Ivor's favourite maxims used to be "music chronicles your life". Camel prove that to me every time i watch them play or spin one of their records and i often think of the occasions you and i listened to them in your attic The best was on your Dali's methinks.:)

talisman2
12-03-2014, 08:58
'Harbour of Tears' has never been one of my fave Camel albums(as you well know) , but when Andy played "The Hour Candle" for Guy Le Blanc , it brought a lump to my throat (and Andy's i suspect? )

sparrow
12-03-2014, 15:31
New dvd imminent from 2013 tour..

agk
12-03-2014, 16:42
Toe.

Haselsh1
12-03-2014, 16:52
Equal all time greatest band along with Ozric Tentacles. I just adore 'Dust and Dreams' and that haunting refrain that goes through the whole album.

talisman2
12-03-2014, 20:37
Dust and Dreams is a strange yet beautiful album also try Rajaz (i suspect you alrady have though !!)