PDA

View Full Version : Set up advice for Reson Reca MM cart

twotone
09-03-2014, 21:00
Hi guys, I bought this cart from the classifieds last week and immediately sold my SAE 1000LT HOMC cart.

I've got the cart on the end of my Micro Seiki MA-202 arm and fitted into the HS-202 headshell going into an Arkless Turbo MM phono stage then into the line stage of a Brio-R and it sounds wonderful and I'm very pleased with it but I just want to get it set up properly.

Reading the instructions for the cart it says that loading isn't critical but that capacitance is very important.

The manufacturer states that capacitance should be between 150-250 pF

I'm using this cable below for the tonearm and it seems to be about 70ish pF so I'm assuming that the cable is fine, can someone tell me if the capacitance of my set up is within the range stated by the cart manufacturer?

Also any further tips on how to get the best out of the cart?

I've set tracking force at about 1.7gr however the manufacturer states 1.65 + or - 5% with a max of 2gr and I've set the tonearm VTA at about level with the record but it's maybe slightly up at the back at a turn up of a bubble in a level if you catch my drift.

I did spend a bit of time trying to get the cart bang on with a 'stupid protractor' from vinyl engine and is does seem to be set up correctly however I've noticed that the cart sits pretty low to the record relative to SAE cart at maybe about 3mm above the record surface max so I was wondering if maybe a different/heavier headshell my be better with the cart as i initially set it up with just a standard cheap Technics HS so that I could make comparisons between the two cars easily.

Thanks

Tony

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221312289806?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649&clk_rvr_id=577712736506&afsrc=1