PDA

View Full Version : JVC AX-A3 integrated amp

synsei
09-03-2014, 19:25
I've tried searching the net for info and specs on this little gem but can find nothing, can anyone help out? Out of curiosity I'd be interested to know what the power output is for one thing plus any other info may have, cheers ;)

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/Sgtgrash/Hifi%20Stuff/JVCAX-A3integratedamp.jpg (http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/Sgtgrash/media/Hifi%20Stuff/JVCAX-A3integratedamp.jpg.html)

PaulStewart
09-03-2014, 19:48
This was the range JVC introduced after I left, but when they were still into incredible build quality. IIRC it was 80w per side and was still using the pretty good phono stage JVC had back then. It was three from the top in a range of six amps, but don't quote me :)

synsei
09-03-2014, 19:59
This was the range JVC introduced after I left, but when they were still into incredible build quality. IIRC it was 80w per side and was still using the pretty good phone stage JVC had back then. It was three from the top in a range of six amps, but don't quote me :)

Interesting Paul, thanks. It is very well designed inside with a hefty trafo and good components including Elna caps and it sounds pretty damn good ;)

istari_knight
09-03-2014, 20:40
Looks like they spent the money where it counts [decent components rather than blingy knobs ;)]

Insides remind me of the Denon PMA-350... I would expect it to output around 50wpc.

Marco
10-03-2014, 14:08
Is this a vintage item, daftee? If so the thread should be in past masters ;)

Marco.

synsei
10-03-2014, 14:11
Is this a vintage item, daftee? If so the thread should be in past masters ;)

Marco.

To be honest I've no idea how old this is Marco which is why I've put it here, happy to move it if it turns out to have been around since the dinosaurs walked the Earth though ;)

Marco
10-03-2014, 14:14
Lol - no worries, just yankin' yer chain! :D

Marco.

Kember
10-03-2014, 14:15
To be honest I've no idea how old this is Marco which is why I've put it here, happy to move it if it turns out to have been around since the dinosaurs walked the Earth though ;)

Dave,

IIRC, I bought if for my late father-in-law towards the end of the Eighties. It ran a pair of JPW minis so I have no idea how powerful it is:)!

It was very well put together. The phono stage is very good indeed.

I am still going through his papers so I might yet find the instruction manual - he never threw anything like that away. If I find, I'll send it to you.

Best

P

synsei
10-03-2014, 14:18
Lol - no worries, just yankin' yer chain! :D

Marco.

No worries, consider it done if it should turn out to be the case. Whatever age it is it sounds very, very good driving a wee pair of Mission 760i's playing lossless files from ma phone via Winamp... :guitar:

PaulStewart
10-03-2014, 14:34
Hi Dave,

I left JVC toward the end of 1981, shortly after the last diplodocus died :lol: This range was just being discussed at that point so it's introduction date would have been '84 and in the shops in the UK early '85

Cheers

synsei
10-03-2014, 14:47
Hi Dave,

I left JVC toward the end of 1981, shortly after the last diplodocus died :lol: This range was just being discussed at that point so it's introduction date would have been '84 and in the shops in the UK early '85

Cheers

Well blow me down, you knew Albert??? :lol: