PDA

View Full Version : SME 3012 - Wiring diagram for 5 pin cardas apapter

Wakefield Turntables
05-03-2014, 19:15
I have a slight problem.

My SME 3012 has been adapted to accept this SME 11734 adaptor. My problem is I have lost output to the left channel and I cannot remember the correct soldering configurations for the left channel and I think I have soldered the wires the wrong way around, can anyone help? I could really do with a simple diagram showing me where the individual coloured (red/green/blue/white/black) cables need soldering onto the SME adapter. I hope this is clear :scratch:

Thanks

andy

Barry
05-03-2014, 21:13
This is going to a bit difficult to describe verbally, but I'll make an attempt. Looking at the connector from the front with the 'pins' (or rather, the holes) arranged as an upward pointing arc http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/DIN-5c_Diagram.svg/60px-DIN-5c_Diagram.svg.png, then number the 'pins' clockwise as 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, that is:

pin 1 at 8 'o clock
pin 2 at 10 'o clock
pin 3 at 12 'o clock
pin 4 at 2 'o clock
pin 5 at 4 'o clock.

Then:

Pin 1 - left-hand channel signal (white)
Pin 2 - left-hand channel screen (blue)
Pin 3 - tonearm earth (black)
Pin 4 - right-hand channel screen (green)
Pin 5 - right-hand channel signal (red).

Trust this is of some help.

Wakefield Turntables
05-03-2014, 21:38
Barry,

I owe you a beer if we ever meet!

Andy

Barry
05-03-2014, 23:01
I has occured to me that you might be wanting to resolder the wires at the arm base, i.e. at the plug with pins, rather than the female connector as shown in the OP.

My instructions are for the wiring of the free female connector, to be fitted to the flying interconnects.

If you were referring to the arm base with the pins, then you need to reverse the wiring scheme. Hopefully the pins will be numbered at the arm base; if they are then proceed as per my reply.

Apologies for any possible confusion.

Wakefield Turntables
06-03-2014, 08:49
Barry I will post some pics tonight when I get home to clarify things. ;)