PDA

View Full Version : Wanted.... Decent Preamp to go with MF A3cr power

mrmark
26-02-2014, 02:15
Hi...all looking for an MF preamp....... or anything else that would work with an MF A3cr power amp.....maybe a Michell Argo?, Anything considered.
Funds not to great would much appreciate suggestions/offers. Kind regards to all.

jandl100
26-02-2014, 08:36
Hi Mark,

I'm selling my Cyrus pre-amp and PSU. Nice kit.

I think it would work well, but I haven't actually tried it with MF. You get a DAC as well as a remote controlled pre-amp. :)

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?30944-FS-Cyrus-PRE-XPd-pre-amp-DAC-amp-PSX-R-PSU&highlight=cyrus

icehockeyboy
26-02-2014, 10:54
Having been down the MF pre and power route, I would suggest that you don't go for that brand of pre, in fact, with absolute respect if it's possible, I'd say sell on the A3cr and start afresh , but if that's a non doer, look for a Classe CP 47.5 pre, or similar from the same range.

The SQ from the MF duo is acceptable, but if you want a hike in performance, the Classe is the one.

mrmark
27-02-2014, 02:27
Thanks for the info the Classe CP 47.5 pre's name seems to crop up an awful lot......... will have to do some research............ Any one any ideas about a Michell Argo/Hera set up?