PDA

View Full Version : Offered free to a good home: My old speaker cabs.

twelvebears
22-06-2009, 07:53
Right guys,

I don't know if anyone's interested, but I'm offering my old cabs as a freebie to anyone who's interested.

I'll post some more pics tonight, but they are the white cabs which used to house the drivers that are now in my slate beasties, and which can be seen here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2329

They were custom built originally and cost several hundred pounds, but I know it's not realistic to sell one-off empty cabs and I'd prefer to see them go to a good home than go in the skip.

Dimensions are 900mm tall, 280mm wide and 385mm deep at the base, sloping to 325mm deep at the top.

Existing cut-outs are for a 10" volt bass driver, and a 110mm Morel tweeter, but with some clever carpentry, I'm sure the bass cut-out could be plugged for a different driver. Morel tweeters have interchangeable face plates, so you could use any of their tweeter range or recut/plug the whole.

The whole cab is made from 25mm MDF and has damping panels fitted.

Like I say, would prefer not to throw them if someone can make use of them, but just don't have the space/need to hang onto them myself.

judge j
24-06-2009, 12:07
Hi, I know this is a big ask, but would you be prepared to post them, that's if you still have them. I would pay postage of course. I am in the County Durham area. Thanks very much. Alan.