PDA

View Full Version : FS: UniqueLindley Allen Quad ESLs - finest ESLs eve rmade

montesquieu
10-02-2014, 12:50
Some here may remember the Lindley Allen Quad ESLs that I owned before going Tannoy 5-6 years ago, with the solid walnut frames and upgraded electronics.

Well the chap who bought them is now offering them for sale. He offered them for sale previously about 2 years ago but faced with them actually going, backed out - sinice then they have been to One Thing for servicing includnig having the rectifiers replaced. The wood (which was always gorgeous) has been freshly polished to remove the only blemish on them.

There's a thread on the re-sale/withdrawal two years ago is here (http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?66236-FS-Rare-Lindley-Allen-Quad-ESLs-finest-ESLs-ever-made)with the full story and more pics.

Anyway the chap isn't a forum member but he has asked me if I could 'spread the word'. He wants £1600 which in the world of hifi is a complete and utter, mad, outrageous bargain. If you have the space for these (they are about 6in wider than standard ESLs) then don't hesitate. PM me and I'll put you in touch.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/DSC_1045.jpg

dantheman91
10-02-2014, 14:25
Hi

I had the pleasure of seeing these when i bought a quad 34 , FM4 , 306 system from this guy and my word they are STUNNING. I did not hear them but wish i did as tom says they are a bargain at the price asked.

Thanks
Dan

Barry
10-02-2014, 18:43
Oh my goodness they are absolutely georgeous! :stalks: The tilt facility makes them more user friendly than the original version.

I'm very tempted, but sadly I would have to say "vade retro Satana".

Good luck with the sale - they are a bargain for such a unique product.

montesquieu
10-02-2014, 21:34
Just to clarify they aren't mine, I'm merely posting them up on behalf of the chap who bought them from me more than 5 years ago.

Complin
11-02-2014, 14:07
Do they have super tweeters on top as well?

jandl100
11-02-2014, 23:39
I had the pleasure of listening to these when Tom owned them - really fabulous, the best Quad 57 implementation I have heard, such delicacy and resolution and imaging and .... so on. :)

Well recommended. :thumbsup:

montesquieu
11-02-2014, 23:45
Do they have super tweeters on top as well?

I don't believe the supertweeters are part of the sale price.