PDA

View Full Version : Advice Plz,

Garay
08-02-2014, 16:08
As suggested have pasted my question in the blank canvas section,

Looking for a CD Player & Amp, was thinking about building my own Valve Amp but it's a bit technical and I wouldn't probably be able to tell the difference, from a NORMAL amp to a VALVE amp, however they LOOK stunning. Never had much to do with Electronics anyhoo. so the idea although highly attractive, simply isn't practical..

As I said I need CD Player & Stereo Amp with speakers, (shelf type speakers) a light coloured wood, (go with hifi unit). amp doesn't have to be powerful 40wat is good enough, I don't need a tuner either, however they do need to be looker and silver ish colour ........ budget around the £700 gbp

I have been looking at the

Marantz CD6005 + PM6005 Silver + Tannoy V1i Sugar Maple (R) ==== colour is nice " sugar maple" goes with my unit
by Marantz
£759.00 = a bit high
This is from Amazonian type web page, unsure if I can say the am word here

Any advice would be appreciated
Thank You
Gary
Music I tend to listen to is classical Piano, however I also like Snow-Patrol, and lets never forget the Stones....
Edit... I have stated 40w but it can be little less... Re: tuner if there is a great amp out there with a tuner then that's ok as well, guess what I'm saying is nothing is in concrete.
Thank Guys
Looking forward to your advice/direction

Haselsh1..............Re the Stones it has to be Beggars Banquet for me it's simply the best.

mr sneff
08-02-2014, 17:06
Hi Gary, welcome to AOS. If black is OK there's a decent Sony amp and CD player being offered on the forum well within your budget http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?30732-More-stuff-for-sale-cdp-amp the seller could probably advise you about suitable bookshelf speakers to go with them :)