PDA

View Full Version : [FS] 4 no Power Ethernet Sockets BNIB

Kember
05-02-2014, 16:55
I have four BNIB Power Ethernet sockets for sale. The cheapest I can see them anywhere is around £80 each but I'll take £250 for all four and include postage. I bought these thinking they'd do for a flat i was refurbishing but it actually needed rewiring so I CAT6'd it at the same time, hence their availability. Please pm me if interested.

I know there is a lively debate about Home Plugs and their effect on streaming but if you (or your significant other) are not keen on wifi or having to install long runs of ethernet cables all over the house you might find these useful. They are effectively in-wall switches. Of course, they are useful for data as well as music:).

I also know you like pictures but mine are boxed up so please look at the stock photo:

The following YouTube clips explain how they work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbS6qrFg7yg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxyq1s3dYsE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMI2sVZ0_y8

Power Ethernet Product Description

The Power Ethernet Sockets (Powerline Sockets) are the only HomePlug Powerline compatible products in the market that embed all the electronics inside a standard wall power socket.

The technology inside the Powerline Sockets allows the use of the existing mains cables as a way to transmit high speed data and environmental services throughout the building without the cost and disruption of installing additional cabling.

The Powerline Sockets provide a networking solution suitable for home users and businesses of all sizes and in all sectors by creating a robust and secure network with an easy installation that is tamper and theft proof. The unit also complies with Health & Safety regulations.

The Powerline Sockets have been developed with the highest quality standards and have been submitted to intensive testing procedures with network performance in mind; their unique design incorporates over 100 additional electronic components over a typical Powerline adapter in order to improve the network quality and the durability of the unit.

The Powerline Socket incorporates a 4 port, high speed managed Ethernet switch which eliminates the need for adding additional network switches. This removes the clutter and hassle of additional cables under desks or behind televisions.

Embedded within the Powerline Socket is an integrated mains filter in order to minimise the effect of any electrical noise on the circuit and therefore delivery the maximum available bandwidth and the network backbone is robust and is automatically encrypted with 128bit AES security.

Expanding the Powerline network is very easy by just adding new Powerline Sockets. Up to 64 Powerline Sockets can be integrated in the same network and up to 300 meters apart. The network has a maximum throughput of 200Mbps (gross) which is fast enough to smoothly stream full-HD video.

The Powerline Sockets have good green credentials that allow the sockets to automatically go into power save mode for reduced power consumption when the network ports are not being used; it also has the option to put individual units into deep hibernation for further power savings.

Kember
12-02-2014, 15:03
Bump

High WAF, these units. Earn some brownie points:)!

Open to offers.

Kember
18-02-2014, 14:08
Now all sold