PDA

View Full Version : FS: Parasound CDP-1000 CD player

Effem
03-02-2014, 23:12
Up for grabs is my Parasound CDP-1000 CD player.

It has some scratches on the top panel and a small dink or two along the top edge of the faceplace, so you minter hunters won't be interested in this. I don't have the original remote control but will include a universal remote that works the vitals (you just TRY to find a replacement original remote :(). Comes as standard with a 19" fascia rack mount holes so it won't win any beauty contests. It plays "proper" factory pressed CDs with no issues or skips at all, but it will not read copies or some of the factory pressed bootleg CDs either for some reason.

That's the "bad" bits over with, so to get on with the "good" bits, this player sounds ferkin AWESOME. Very analogue sounding with a clean vibrant sound from top to bottom with the cleanest treble and solidest bass. It may be old hat 20 bit, but it urinates all over the latest breed of 24 bit+ players - trust me. So good in fact an external DAC is a waste of time.

Price is a measly forty five nicker plus postage.

struth
03-02-2014, 23:15
Sounds good frank

Macca
04-02-2014, 08:41
I'll give this a go - PM sent

Effem
04-02-2014, 13:54
SOLD

Effem
07-02-2014, 21:36
Parasound has arrived at it's intended destination and this is the PM that I received earlier:

"Player arrived without incident. It's a bit good, isn't it?"

I did say in the blurb it sounds awesome ;)

Who dares wins, as they say.

So will someone buy my firkin interconnect too?

icehockeyboy
08-02-2014, 18:03
So will someone buy my firkin interconnect too?

I've never heard of that brand Firkin Frank.....are they any good. :)

Effem
08-02-2014, 19:39
I've never heard of that brand Firkin Frank.....are they any good. :)

I don't own any rubbish Craig, therefore I never sell it :eyebrows:

It's only the fact that "Perfect Sound" are a total unknown I am letting them go for a paltry twelve quid plus post, ya bunch of miserable b.b.b.b.bargain hunters :lol: