PDA

View Full Version : IC - Droplet 3.1 CDP

Reffc
02-02-2014, 17:38
Just an interest check at present. I have the chance of something that doesn't come along very often that I've been after for a long while so am testing the waters to see if anyone would be interested in my Consonance min-Droplet 3.1 CDP (RRP £2,239) 3 years old, fab condition, recent NOS Phillips valve fitted. Looking £1250ono. Piano Gloss black/brushed aluminium. Built like a tank, lovely sounding player which has been my digital reference for 3 years now. Can operate as a stand alone transport or DAC.

http://www.opera-consonance.com/products/images/dropletcdp/3.1linear/CDP3linear.jpg

Reffc
04-02-2014, 08:24
Bump

Now for sale.

£1200 ono for this stunner please.

Floyddroid
04-02-2014, 10:29
Mmmmm, velly intelesting. How would you describe it's sound? Presently looking for a top loader.

Reffc
04-02-2014, 12:08
Hi Steve

best way to describe it is natural, analogue-like, big and authoritative. This is the latest of the CDP3.1s and the best. Nothing under £3K I've listened to has come close. It doesn't come across as an overly warm or syrupy player as some valve players can do, nor is it as uninvolved as something like the newer Marantz SACD players which I find rather dull. It brigs music to life in a very enjoyable and analogue-like grain free presentation. There's a great summing up of why Opera went the route they did and the thinking behind the Droplet in this link:

http://www.aa-acoustics.com/22.html

Marco
04-02-2014, 12:34
Mmmmm, velly intelesting. How would you describe it's sound? Presently looking for a top loader.

Hi Steve,

If it makes any difference, I can highly recommend the Droplet. It's a superb CDP, and just as Paul has described.

It's one for those who value equipment which ticks the pride of ownership box (it is a gorgeous thing to behold), as well as the one entitled: 'damn fine music-maker'. If you like digital music that sounds like analogue, done well, then this is the player for you :)

Marco.

julesd68
04-02-2014, 12:41
If I had the cash I would buy this without hesitating.

I have the much more basic CD120-L which in its own right is a fabulously natural sounding player, so I can only imagine how good the Droplet is.

Reffc
04-02-2014, 15:41
Hi Steve,

If it makes any difference, I can highly recommend the Droplet. It's a superb CDP, and just as Paul has described.

It's one for those who value equipment which ticks the pride of ownership box (it is a gorgeous thing to behold), as well as the one entitled: 'damn fine music-maker'. If you like digital music that sounds like analogue, done well, then this is the player for you :)

Marco.

Thanks Marco. Yes, it's a pretty stunning player all round really, so will be missed here. It's taken something pretty special to userp it ;)

Sovereign
04-02-2014, 15:51
"natural, analogue-like, big and authoritative."
Heard it a few months ago, yes I would agree.

Yomanze
04-02-2014, 15:53
The old Philips multibit DAC chips do have some magic about them, and this player's brought everything around it bang up-to-date. :)