PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood tuner KT-7020 for sale £50 collected, £65 delivered (Big Brother to KT-5020)

Ripley's Cat
02-02-2014, 17:37
Hi -

O.K. - Not expecting a huge rush on this one, but figured it might be worth a go, before I retreat tearfully to eBay . . .

A great tuner - and no, you won't find much out there on it - but pretty much the KT-5020 with a few extra bells 'n' whistles. Weighs more than a late 80s black-box mainstream tuner should do - and a quick peek inside (picture upon request) reveals that it's fully populated. Difficult to know where to begin to describe it, I should perhaps point out that in my ownership it's only been fed by a simple dipole (running along my curtain rail). But then again, I am in line-of-sight of Belmont transmitting mast, so even my Troughline (occasionally) behaves itself! Reception is great, broadcasts are crystal-clear (perhaps the easiest way to describe) and has more features than any other tuner I've owned. It can also tune through the frequency range in 0.025Mhz steps. From fmtunerinfo.com:

. . . and a Tuning Mode button that makes the tuner seek out the next strong station rather than going up or down by .025 MHz. For example, with Tuning Mode in Manual, a spin of the knob takes you from 107.1 to 107.125 (readout says 107.12) to 107.15, 107.175 (readout says 107.17), 107.2, etc.

Put simply, it's a good-un . . . and I had convinced myself a keeper. However, I'm undergoing another purge and a re-jig / rotation of kit and as such, it is now surplus to requirement.

Condition is generally good, with a few faint scratches across the top (touched-up with a car 'pen' some time ago). Towards the rear of the top panel there is an ever-so-slight & small (10mm x 5mm) dent, but it refused to be apparent in any photos I took (Although I can try and take a better photo upon request). All text / legends on the front panel are in good condition, save a slight area of damage on the word 'power'.

If any experts can jump in with additional info / experiences, I would be most appreciative.

German tech spec:
http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/KT-7020info.pdf

£50 collected (Washingborough, Lincs), £65 delivered

Regards,
Matt

Ripley's Cat
03-02-2014, 21:19
NOW SOLD -

Thanks, Neil (Dalek Supreme D L)