PDA

View Full Version : Collection of mods for Beresford TC-7520

Pages : 1 [2]

leo
10-07-2010, 17:14
Leo, could you please tell me the value of the 1/2W resistor directly behind RCA1 please.

If you could, I will be able to have some music once again! :)

Thanks

22R :)

fmzip
10-07-2010, 17:48
thanks Leo, that means 22 ohms,correct?

leo
10-07-2010, 18:47
thanks Leo, that means 22 ohms,correct?

Yep

fmzip
11-07-2010, 04:45
Thanks!

RoboCopper
28-08-2010, 21:04
From the post One,
"LM4562 fitted for the fixed output, Stan recommded removing MLC5 / MLC6"
This was my first "serious" mod with my 7520 and I am quite impressed with results.
I am using at the moment metal LM4562HA and the sound is notably different for better in every aspect.
Previously I maybe liked more highs due to their sweetness, but this is more Hifi now.
Overall sound is more pronounced, every note is more distinct, bass is tighter more focused, mids have more flash.
It works so far on every type of music, but it is too late now and I can not play loud :)
I would recommend this mod to everyone with LM4562. I wonder if I could use it with other opamps?
Thanks Leo and others

ZebuTheOxen
16-11-2010, 20:55
Just dropping in to say I've swapped the 2 x LM4562 for 2 x AD826AN opamps.

The sound stage is not quite as cavernous, but in every other respect the music is improved. The detail is delivered by the truckload, without being forward in the slightest. This makes poorly mastered music sound terrible but anything with a modicum of effort spent on it sounds fantastic.

ZebuTheOxen
17-11-2010, 22:31
About 10 minutes after making the previous post, it occured to me to try the LM4562 in the line-in position, with the AD826 still providing the grunt for the headphones.

Best of both worlds. Paul Simon's seminal album Graceland sounds absolutely gobsmacking.

If you use headphones, I cannot recommend this combination strongly enough.

larry
29-12-2010, 07:53
I have apply the passive mod to my TC-7520 and also some small tweaks. Notice that 3 wires of the ribbon cable is remove, the center wire which is the ground is still intact with a wire at the bottom. The blu-tack is just help to reduce the stress with the lead is being move around. I am only going to use this DAC as a pure DAC. Meaning not using for headphone amping or serve as a pre amp.

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp258/larrytan88/29122010007.jpg

Significant improvement:
Bass tighten
Smoothness
Wider soundstage
Transparent

Given that the sound improve significantly, I have some problem which I guess is not a big issue to me. The DAC is on whenever the power socket is on and the power button became the switch for the blue led. But selecting of source work as normal even if the blue led is not lighted up. =D

Butuz
14-03-2011, 09:32
My passive mod on my 7520.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3955&stc=1&d=1300056033

My battery powered mod on my 7520.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3956&stc=1&d=1300056033

Both mods make 7520 sound even better!!!!! Love it!

Butuz

jkenton
28-03-2011, 21:01
Hi All,
This is my first posting. I have just ordered 1 Murata regulator 7812-SRC and 1 7805-SRC.

Trying to be proactive, before I take off cover, I have been looking for link with photo for installation of these two devices.

This DAC is scary good! Especially with regulated power supply!
Cheers to all!

Jeff

The Grand Wazoo
28-03-2011, 22:59
Hi there Jeff,
Nice you could join us, welcome the The Art of Sound!
Would you mind just dropping a new thread into the Welcome area. It's a good way to get a nice warm welcome from the folks here - you can give us a chance to get to know you a bit better by telling us a little about yourself, your system & your musical tastes.

See you there maybe?
Cheers

Ikemen
11-04-2011, 13:36
Hi All,
This is my first posting. I have just ordered 1 Murata regulator 7812-SRC and 1 7805-SRC.

Trying to be proactive, before I take off cover, I have been looking for link with photo for installation of these two devices.

This DAC is scary good! Especially with regulated power supply!
Cheers to all!

Jeff

I hope you are good at desoldering, unlike myself. I had a nightmare with this mod.

yba_us
14-04-2012, 08:12
Hi EVERYBODY!
I'm really impressed by this forum. I couldn't imagine before anything like this. To tailor the sound to "my" taste.........! I'd like to know where can I buy a WM8716 high performance stereo DAC for my friend's 7520+gator dac? Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!

Greg2010
14-04-2012, 11:12
The chips are readily available, one supplier listed below.

http://eshop.tirnaelectronics.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_45&products_id=181

It may be prudent to make your next post in the welcome area.

Regards
Greg

The Grand Wazoo
14-04-2012, 11:17
Hello Tibor,
Yes, Greg is correct - the email you received when you joined asked you to make your first post in the Welcome section. (http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15) This is a requirement for all new members before they post anywhere else. You should tell us a little about yourself, your system & taste in music - it's the best way to be sure of a warm welcome to what is, in fact a very friendly place.
Thanks a lot in advance.

yba_us
15-04-2012, 09:02
:youtheman:Thank you so much

yba_us
18-05-2012, 14:21
Hi guys. I could use some help. My friend has a Beresford TC-7520 DAC Gator Version, and he lives in Hungary, and he doesn't speak English. I'm asking for some help on his behalf. He has a clicking noise between two music regardless of source. You can hear that nose from the dac in a quite room, and it's audible through the system. It's only present when the music streams from the dac. Any idea what that could be. The dac chip was replaced to a Wolfson one, but the problem existed before also. He has a very nice high-end set up, and he loves the dac, and he also has a skilled electrician to fix it, but they could use some help. Any idea where to start? He tried many different cables, so that can't be a problem. Thanks

HighFidelityGuy
18-05-2012, 14:37
Sounds to me like an issue with the muting relay. Some seem to be louder than others. So it could be that this one is particularly noisy or it could be faulty. I seem to remember Stan posted some details on a mod that might help tone down the clicking. I'll see if I can find it.

yba_us
18-05-2012, 14:42
Please do it!:youtheman::youtheman::youtheman:

HighFidelityGuy
18-05-2012, 14:58
Here's the mod that Stan suggested someone try:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=190501&postcount=8

However, the guy that was having the problem had already bypassed the relays by the time he saw Stans suggestion. So it was never confirmed to work. I would give the resistor mod a try and if that doesn't help I'd try to buy some replacement relays of the same model. I can't find any stockists though, so that might be tricky. Stan might be able to send you some. Bypassing the relays is also an option but that might cause other noises to be audible that can occur between tracks when the DAC chip isn't synced to an input signal. The relays job is to mute the DAC output between tracks to prevent this.

I hope that helps. :)

yba_us
18-05-2012, 15:16
Thanks so much. I'll tell him what I have learned here, and I'll let you know what happened.
:youtheman::youtheman::youtheman:

yba_us
24-07-2012, 18:55
I'd like to ask, if the 7510 Gatorized DAC is working with ASIO, or not?
Many thanks:punch::cool::scratch::youtheman: