PDA

View Full Version : It's Not My Job - Well Not For Long Anyway

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
15-06-2009, 12:35
Hi Guys

A couple of photo's of the H2 SMR plant where I curently work.
Don't worry I had my LEL meter with me to ensure my safety during taking the shots, other wise a Black and Charred Andy would be the end result :doh:.

Below CO2 removal columns 2 of 3 about 90' high, photo taken while laying on my back on the ground (flat on back not an unusual position for me)
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/HyCoignitor/Audio%20Art%20of%20Sound/WiltonSLR2AoS.jpg

General shot of plant. The columns above can be seen to the RHS. There are 2 trailers in the forground,
both full with 200 Bar Hydrogen. The tall Blue vessel just behind the trailers was used to store The purge
gas (removed during the PSA process) this was re-used in the Reformer as a fuel source.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/HyCoignitor/Audio%20Art%20of%20Sound/WiltonSLR1AoS.jpg

Andy - SDDW

Marco
15-06-2009, 12:45
I do find that industrial landscapes can have a 'beauty' all of their own, especially in the right light...

Nice shots, Andy! :)

Anyone else have similar shots of 'industrial beauty'? It could be a good theme for a thread :smoking:

Marco.

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
15-06-2009, 16:13
Marco

Where I live, Industrial Lanscape is nearly all we have. Will see what I can do. Seeing as I have a few days off I'll try and capture some images.

Might see how they look in B&W (no not the speaker manufacture).

Lets see what I can come up with. Though remember I'm from the Plain and Functual School of photography and not naturally artisitic in the least :)

Andy - SDDW

Spod
15-06-2009, 19:31
I't be great to be able to legally wander around somewhere like that with a camera for a day, you can just feel that there's a zillion photos just waiting to be taken if you can find them.
Think I've got some teesside factory pics filed away somewhere, I'll have to dig them out.

Marco
15-06-2009, 19:44
Marco

Where I live, Industrial Lanscape is nearly all we have. Will see what I can do. Seeing as I have a few days off I'll try and capture some images.

Might see how they look in B&W (no not the speaker manufacture).

Lets see what I can come up with. Though remember I'm from the Plain and Functual School of photography and not naturally artisitic in the least

Andy - SDDW

Bring it on, matey! :)

Marco.