PDA

View Full Version : **Rare NOS Audio-Technica LT-12 magnesium headshell**

Marco
22-01-2014, 11:42
Guys,

I'm having a bit of a headshell clearout, and since I'm now a fully signed-up member of the SPU fan club, and have no real need for spare headshells, I've decided to let go my superb LT-12, which is as rare as hen's teeth, in this lovely condition.

The LT-12 is no longer produced by Audio Technica, and I think ceased production in the 80s. However, it was one of their top models, made during the heyday of vinyl, and is superbly constructed. You only have to hold it in your hands to admire the 'jewel-like' precision engineering!

Some pics:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/541/mcvt.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/716/lgyj.jpg

The images shown are of the *actual* headshell I'm selling, which I purchased from audioScope in 2009. It cost me 149€, and it's in the same condition now as when I bought it. It is constructed from solid magnesium, which is one of the best materials available for damping resonance, and weighs 12g.

For all those with detachable headshell arms, such as Jelcos, SME 3009s etc, this would be the ideal headshell with which to significantly upgrade your tonearm and release the full potential of your cartridge. A 3g headshell weight will also be supplied, F.O.C, for those using Denon DL-103s (and other low-compliance cartridges with spherical tips), which benefit from added mass.

I can say from experience that this headshell really makes a DL-103 sing!! However, it will optimise the performance of any high-quality phono cartridge.

The headshell was originally supplied with Audio Technica's own leadwire (as shown above on the second image), which was good quality, but I upgraded it with Ortofon's best solid-silver variety, LW-800S, as shown here:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/836/ch81.png

These leads will come pre-fitted to the headshell, and extract every small detail from the record grooves. The sound they produce is superb. Normally, they retail for around £85.00. Check the following link for an example. You can also read about the leads and how they're constructed: http://www.audiodestination.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1485

Ok, bearing in mind that when I sell stuff on AoS, I always like to give members a bargain, therefore, for the headshell INCLUDING the solid-silver Ortofon leads, I'm looking for £80.00.

P&P will be FREE to all buyers from the UK or EU. This is a one-off opportunity to own one of the best detachable headshells ever made!

Interested parties please either respond here or via PM.

Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

Audio Al
22-01-2014, 11:58
OK , you got me , if its not sold already :)

Marco
22-01-2014, 12:02
Nope, you're the first one! Sold to Al, STP :)

I'll PM, dude, you with the payment details.

Marco.

Marco
22-01-2014, 12:08
PM sent :)

Marco.

Marco
22-01-2014, 12:52
Sold to Al!

Payment received, dude. Many thanks. Please PM me your addy, for postage :)

Marco.

Audio Al
22-01-2014, 12:54
Done :)

Marco
22-01-2014, 13:06
Got it and replied, daftee! :cool:

Marco.

Audio Al
22-01-2014, 13:11
Got it and replied, daftee! :cool:

Marco.

Nice one , some ltd edition Marco PISHANTO :D

Marco
22-01-2014, 13:29
Aye, just think how much it'll be worth on the Antiques Roadshow in years to come! :eek:

Marco.

The Black Adder
22-01-2014, 16:24
LOL...

Oh feck-a-roonie!!! - If ya don't like it I'll buy it off ya, Allen.

nat8808
24-01-2014, 17:38
Gosh! I must admit I didn't think Audioscope actually made sales! It was only a small item I guess.. their other prices for gear are crazy crazy.

Marco
25-01-2014, 00:47
Hi Nat,

Consider, however, that the headshell originally cost me 149 Euros - a not insignificant sum for a headshell (even though it was a small item)! ;)

I agree that audioScope charge 'top dollar' for their kit, but it is *always* utterly mint and amongst the finest example of its kind, and there will always be those willing to pay a premium for that type of quality.

Marco.