PDA

View Full Version : Interconnect Soldering Help Required, Please.

DaveK
11-06-2009, 22:23
Hi All,:)
I have a 0.75m Single Crystal OFC Audiophile Interconnect cable AF01 in need of some maintenance which is beyond me. The centre wire on one of the twist-lock RCA connectors (Cardas high content silver soldered, according to their 'spiel') has become detached where it was soldered to the centre pin. Can anyone rescue this for me? I would obviously be willing to pay 1st class Recorded Delivery both ways, plus covering all costs involved (silver is expensive, as is artisan labour :))
I shall be attending the DIY Meet at Eggborough on Saturday and could bring it with me if anyone attending has plans to bring their soldering kit - it is a DIY Meet after all and it occurred to me that coming prepared to make minor running repairs might not be a bad idea:scratch:
Would any potential offerers of help PM me before Saturday morning departure time, please.
Thanks in anticipation of the useful helpful response that is the norm for this forum.
:cool:

The Grand Wazoo
11-06-2009, 22:30
Dave,

If none of the Eggborough folk can help you on the day, I'll be happy to sort it for you, by way of our friends at Royal Mail!

I've a feeling that your hunch about running repairs is a good 'un though!!
Cheers

alb
11-06-2009, 22:31
Somebody at Eggborough will sort it for you. Maybe me.
i doubt if you'll hear any difference between a blob of Cardas solder and Maplins finest.:)
Bring it along.

DaveK
11-06-2009, 22:39
Thanks to Chris and alb for your kind responses.:)
Unless fate intervenes I will be at Eggborough alb, but if fate does intervene, you will get a parcel shortly afterwards Chris.
Thanks again both, and :cool:

Barry
12-06-2009, 22:40
Dave,

If in the unlikely event you have no success at Eggborough, I'll do it for you. I have some silver solder, though I agree with alb, you won't notice the difference if tin/lead solder is used instead.

Regards
Barry

DaveK
12-06-2009, 22:46
Dave,

If in the unlikely event you have no success at Eggborough, I'll do it for you. I have some silver solder, though I agree with alb, you won't notice the difference if tin/lead solder is used instead.

Regards
Barry

Thanks Barry :)
:cool: