PDA

View Full Version : Calling cable guys... decent "L shaped" IEC connector for the telly.

Gazjam
11-01-2014, 12:33
ello.
Not enough space between wall and telly to fit my standard wattgate type, need summit with a much lower profile.

Telly comes with the standard throwaway cable which has a 90 degree IEC connector, very low profile.
Like this one?
http://images.esellerpro.com/2485/I/216/6/PL10580.jpg

Is there anything decent out there for the job?
Could always cut the IEC off the TV cable and splice it on to something decent, but that's not ideal.

thanks. :)

Reffc
11-01-2014, 12:37
http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1403

or look here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/05231-AC-IEC-C13-C14-Inline-Chassis-Socket-Plug-Rewireable-Mains-Power-Connector-/281105362155

Gazjam
11-01-2014, 13:13
Great Paul,
thanks.

MCRU
11-01-2014, 15:15
ello.
Not enough space between wall and telly to fit my standard wattgate type, need summit with a much lower profile.

Telly comes with the standard throwaway cable which has a 90 degree IEC connector, very low profile.
Like this one?

Could always cut the IEC off the TV cable and splice it on to something decent, but that's not ideal.

don't you know what google is you muppet? :lol:

there are right angled iec's all over ebay etc, can't you think for yourself or have you just got thread postitist?

the 10mm cable you are getting won't fit in though :lol:

buy a proper tv next time

one in the post from me gratis (I am having a sale but as a tight arsed scotsman there is nothing better than "free")

happy new year btw

Gazjam
11-01-2014, 15:28
Get it up ye Dave, happy new year. :ner:
Tight arsed Scotsman? Couldn't possibly comment....

Google...Whats that?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google

(thanks btw... :))

AlanS
11-01-2014, 15:43
ello.

Like this one?

Obviously you have a downer on standard TV cables (and probably all cables) pray tell me what they do that your do not like, what am I missing by using the supplied cable with my TV?

Hope you find what you want.

Cheers

Gazjam
11-01-2014, 16:22
Hi Alan
its personal preference.

don't know where me having a downer on all cables comes from, I use lots of them in my system...
What cables do you use in your system?

A few of the other guys on the thread were helpful and suggested what I should be looking for, ones in the post in fact!
So problem solved. :)

AlanS
11-01-2014, 17:27
Your not using standard mains cables comes across to me has having a downer on them, why else replace a perfectly adequate thing?
I use mains cables that come with the kit. I tried one of Mr MCRU's many offerings when I first encountered him and his goods here on AoS. People were enthusing in a thread about what an audible difference this modest cost cable made to their systems, so give it a try I thought. It is still there because it is a well made cable but not for any audible difference it provides. I didn't feel inclined to repeat the process. I think my A level and vocational Physics gets in the way of hearing what others hear.

I do use a Power Inspired AG1500 UPS/Regenerator - that does made a difference and saves the agonising over decisions about which setting to use in a PS Audio P5 or P10. It saves a few grand to spend on music as well

Inter Connects Mark Grant/NVA/Maplins
I used Cable Talk 3 for years then followed the herd in buying Tellurium Q Black speaker cables - they work wouldn't repeat the expense.

My cable life

Gazjam
11-01-2014, 18:36
Isn't more than just perfectly adequate preferable? :scratch:
And you dont need to spend a fortune to get better, even make 'em yourself.
I've always found supplied cables less than perfectly adequate sound quality wise, if they worked as good I'd stick with 'em!

To me your hifi is a system, its not just the black boxes that matter its all the elements coming together. The sum of getting all the little things right is a system that works as good as it can and isn't compromised.
Its all personal preference and as I said earlier, if your happy with your setup then cool. :)
Agree on mains quality making a difference, fitted a balanced mains setup here to great effect.

Not being funny Alan, but shame you followed the herd and spent money on cables without hearing them first, could have saved yourself some money.

AlanS
11-01-2014, 19:11
Gaz

Your dead right I freely admit I took a punt on the TQ Blacks, and I knew I was being a sheep, its a good way to learn. If they were that bad they were readily saleable.

As I said Mr MCRU's wonder product made not a jot of difference to my sound, it went on the amp. So my as supplied cables are not just adequate they are as good as one can get in my system and I really cannot see any reason why super main cables can affect sound unless plug/socket connections are terrible. I can see why IC can affect sound and they do in my system and always have done since the first separates I bought. I'd love for someone to demonstrate in their system the sound transformation a mains cable brings them.

Glad you got good results from the balanced transformer, that's another way of stabilising mains.

With regard to the getting everything optimised. Once I realised that my system sound was affected by factors outside the system; ambient noise, ones health (ears) I chilled on the urge to optimise. I now enjoy the music and am exploring streaming/downloading care of Spotify, Qobuz, HD Tracks etc. Amazing the different sound of different versions of the same music.

All the best

Gazjam
11-01-2014, 19:16
its all about the music, the hifi's just the way to get there :)

Have to say though, in my system the TQ Black was a revelation with my Rega's.
A mate brought his set over for a listen.
Few of us in the room, we all heard the big improvement.

As always, YMMV

roob
12-01-2014, 14:45
Do more expensive power cables make the picture better? different HDMI cables don't imho:)

Gazjam
12-01-2014, 16:58
yup, they can do imo, and I've tried a lot :)
Disagree on the HDMI cable...Mark Grant's £20 jobs are a WEE bit better than the ones you get from Poundland.