PDA

View Full Version : Amp / Speakers Wanted for new Man Cave!

cpjvej2012
05-01-2014, 09:04
Hi all,

Have just moved house, and have a loft conversion which is going to be my man cave!
I have my main hi-fi downstairs but I want to build a second system for in the loft. I'm not looking to build anything fantastic as its only a small room and it wont need to be a loud system!

What would look really good in there is a set of Wharfedale Linton's preferably XP 3's.

Ideally though before I source some of those I need to find an amp.

Iv'e been keeping my eyes on ebay and have been looking for a Technics, specifically the SU-X502 or the SU-X920D. Have also been looking at the Pioneer SA range, namely the 410 and the 520.

Does anyone have one of those amps that they could sell me OR has anyone got a cheap amp that I could buy ? I've got £35-40 quid (yes I know not a lot) but I dont want to spend a lot on my loft system just yet. OR if anyone has got a set of Lintons they don't want ?

Thanks folks.

All the best to everyone for the new year!

dantheman91
05-01-2014, 11:14
Hi Chris,

I have a Pioneer SX 300 1973 vintage fine working order and dont sound bad for what it is..£40 plus P+P

cpjvej2012
05-01-2014, 11:23
£40 plus p+p is too much for me unfortunately - looks nice and thanks for the offer. Ideally I need a digital amp, I know i'm lookng at the Pio's - thats as a backup. I'm gonna transfer alot of stuff to MiniDisc. So could do with Digital.

Still on the look out for one of those Technics amp's if anyone has one.... ?

Thanks all.

09mike69
05-01-2014, 16:50
i have a marantz pm 44 se £40, im in hull too.

MCRU
05-01-2014, 17:01
Hi all,

Have just moved house, and have a loft conversion which is going to be my man cave!
I have my main hi-fi downstairs but I want to build a second system for in the loft. I'm not looking to build anything fantastic as its only a small room and it wont need to be a loud system!

What would look really good in there is a set of Wharfedale Linton's preferably XP 3's.

Ideally though before I source some of those I need to find an amp.

Iv'e been keeping my eyes on ebay and have been looking for a Technics, specifically the SU-X502 or the SU-X920D. Have also been looking at the Pioneer SA range, namely the 410 and the 520.

Does anyone have one of those amps that they could sell me OR has anyone got a cheap amp that I could buy ? I've got £35-40 quid (yes I know not a lot) but I dont want to spend a lot on my loft system just yet. OR if anyone has got a set of Lintons they don't want ?

Thanks folks.

All the best to everyone for the new year!

if you need any speaker stands drive over to hudds for a free set as can't be arsed putting them on ebay!

cpjvej2012
06-01-2014, 11:39
Nice - Marantz are nice amps but looking for something digital I think.

Shame about the speakers stands since I dont drive :( (Yet)

Macca
06-01-2014, 11:46
No one else has said it so I will - you got feck all chance of getting a digital Technics amp for forty quid including postage. I sympathise, having spent years building systems with no money at all. But it's the truth.

cpjvej2012
06-01-2014, 15:51
Yeah Too right it is, have been lucky to find one on ebay and im the highest bidder and not near £40 yet.

It might end well.

Macca
06-01-2014, 15:53
Best of luck :)

synsei
06-01-2014, 15:56
You have a PM Chris ;)