PDA

View Full Version : Rega / moth 301 armlift ptoblem

Zoidburg
30-12-2013, 18:22
Hi all

I have a rega / moth rb301 on my SRM deck which has developed a fault with the arm lift. When the arm is in the up position it wont stay there and will gradually lower itself which is slightly annoying. Has anyone experienced this and is there a cure for it?

Any help is much appreciated before I talk myself into buying something new and probably expensive lol

Cheers

DSJR
30-12-2013, 18:37
I've had this on old RB arms and since Rega are helpful to the end user, I'd give 'em a ring after the hols... In the meantime, try swivelling the cueing platform slightly one way or the other - there's a few degrees of rotation here - and you may find that a central 'setting' may cure it..

hifi_dave
30-12-2013, 18:58
It needs dismantling and a blob of Silicone grease applied to the internal barrel.

Zoidburg
30-12-2013, 19:05
Thanks chaps. Can anyone point me in the direction if instructions for dismantling the arm? Or should i get aquainted with google?

Audio Al
30-12-2013, 19:10
Thanks chaps. Can anyone point me in the direction if instructions for dismantling the arm? Or should i get aquainted with google?

Why not send it in to Dave , he is a Rega approved agent

Zoidburg
30-12-2013, 19:16
I will certainly consider it but was hoping it was something I might be able to sort out myself if at all possible.