PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Phono stage

blutonium92
24-12-2013, 11:07
Currently just using the phono in my Yamaha AS500 so looking to upgrade from this.

Looking for something that is good bang for the buck and have a max of about £130.
Would be nice to have MM, MC with variable loading (something like the project SE?) but not entirely essential as im only using MM at the moment and my next cart will be HOMC.

Recommendations would be welcome aswell :)

phonomac
24-12-2013, 11:28
Hello there
PM sent.

regards

Angus

mad-moon
24-12-2013, 15:54
If you can stretch your budget a little further..I recommend this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Slee-Gram-Amp-2-Communicator-MM-Phono-Stage-/251275803297?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiF i_Amplifiers&hash=item3a81347aa1#ht_841wt_932

Currently just using the phono in my Yamaha AS500 so looking to upgrade from this.

Looking for something that is good bang for the buck and have a max of about £130.
Would be nice to have MM, MC with variable loading (something like the project SE?) but not entirely essential as im only using MM at the moment and my next cart will be HOMC.

Recommendations would be welcome aswell :)

droom
24-12-2013, 17:18
May have the perfect device. A battery powered high quality phono stage made by Joenit the European distributors of Sumiko cartridges.
The unit comes with power supply that charges the batteries when not in use. It is completely configurable for most, if not all, MM and MC cartridges.
In comparison with the latest Trichord Dino with Dino + PS it was significantly better. A bit of a stunner. It's no longer in production but cost 600 Euro when it was new 2005. Can send it to you for £150 inc