PDA

View Full Version : Hi Fi World

Martyn Miles
19-12-2013, 08:27
May 2013, and Jan. 2014 . Make me an offer...

mr sneff
19-12-2013, 09:00
Take 'em to a charity shop :)

Wakefield Turntables
19-12-2013, 09:04
Recycle as bog roll?

mad-moon
19-12-2013, 09:24
give them away to an aos member and pay the postage

Wakefield Turntables
19-12-2013, 09:25
Lol.

Martyn Miles
19-12-2013, 10:10
C'mon folks...

Audioman
19-12-2013, 11:44
In my experience the only magazines I have found worth the effort of selling have been the original Hi-Fi + with lengthy reviews and a heavy amount of content. I've chucked away many more issues of World than you are offering only keeping a hundred or so with interesting content (which I'm rarely likely to reference). Put em on Ebay to see if anybody bites but postage will be high in relation to value. Hardly anyone on the forum appears to still read magazines these days, on any regular basis anyway.

Paul.

Martyn Miles
20-12-2013, 00:52
One gone...

MCRU
20-12-2013, 15:57
Recycle as bog roll?

not soft enough :lol:

hifi_dave
20-12-2013, 16:40
Too 'skiddy'..:rolleyes:

Dauntless
20-12-2013, 18:53
It's Popular Hi-Fi that I'm interested in. Chris Frankland was A Hi-Fi God!!

Clothears
20-12-2013, 18:53
Full of crap before you use it?

Dauntless
20-12-2013, 19:07
Full of crap before you use it?

Yes, Something like that....but when you're young and impressionable:)

Clothears
20-12-2013, 20:28
Yes, Something like that....but when you're young and impressionable:)

Sorry Michael, I was referring to the suggestion of using it as a bog roll.

MCRU
20-12-2013, 20:31
is this thread a wind up?

it will cost about £3 to post one copy of hifi world, it sold for £4 when new

so what's the point of selling old copies then? :)

Martyn Miles
21-12-2013, 13:30
is this thread a wind up?

it will cost about £3 to post one copy of hifi world, it sold for £4 when new

so what's the point of selling old copies then? :)

It costs £0.96 to post 2nd class large letter, not £3.00
If someone wants a copy it's good value. It is the the May 2013 edition. Martyn Miles

PS. I am getting a little fed up with the puerile comments on this Forum. OK, I don't mind humour, but the Moderator should run a tighter ship in my opinion.

DSJR
21-12-2013, 15:22
There's been trouble because of too tight modding Martyn, so you lose out both ways...

Forums concerning hobbies/subjects that can all too easily become OCD passions where emotions completely take over from rationality methinks. I've spent the last few months following a rumour concerning the return (hopefully) of 'currently' missing Dr Who episodes from the 1960's. Far more interesting for me recently than poncy wires and w@nky plugs costing jewellery money, let alone the overpriced new gear to play music on. The personal abuse and bitching that goes on on some of these Dr Who forums is amazing, making this place at its worst like a kindergarten squabble.

Martyn, from what I know, you have a lovely, mostly vintage system to listen to music through and in all honesty, that's all you need to do unless you need to 'wave your willy' to show how successful you are in audiodom ;) Don't go away and I'm sure our paths will cross at some point again :) :respect:

stiarno
21-12-2013, 15:32
PS. I am getting a little fed up with the puerile comments on this Forum. OK, I don't mind humour, but the Moderator should run a tighter ship in my opinion.

Years ago, my wife went into the post office, stood in the queue and then all she bought was one first class stamp, the post office staff still rib me about it years later, so I guess unfortunately you walked into this one. You've got to laugh though, it's only a bit of gentle fun:)

Martyn Miles
21-12-2013, 15:39
Yes. Some here list their equipment ( constantly) when commenting or answering enquiries. What is the point?
Is it a case of a certain type of driver and, " My BMW has a bigger engine that yours ."
I, wrongly, thought this forum was ' better ' than Pink Fish Media. Now I am not so sure...
The Harbeth User Group has all posts moderated, and the Moderator lets through a certain amount of controversial posts. Harbeth's owner, Alan Shaw, often comments and replies. What a level-headed man he is.
Audio, like many other subject Forums, has its odd types. They appear to have nothing better to do than constantly comment about the subject.
My take on audio is slightly different, as I record in a small way, using high quality kit. It gives me a unique perspective on live V recorded music.
Martyn Miles .

Gordon Steadman
21-12-2013, 16:12
Yes. Some here list their equipment ( constantly) when commenting or answering enquiries. What is the point?

Thats just their signature Martyn, like my two links below. Fortunately for some, its only entered once and for all or they'd never get round to the actual comment!!! It does seem a bit too much willy waving to some of us its true. Does anybody actually read all that stuff??

Barry
21-12-2013, 16:59
Thats just their signature Martyn, like my two links below. Fortunately for some, its only entered once and for all or they'd never get round to the actual comment!!! It does seem a bit too much willy waving to some of us its true. Does anybody actually read all that stuff??

Haha - don't you just love it, where some member's signatures take up more space than what they have to say on a particular topic! :doh:

Macca
21-12-2013, 17:18
I find it interesting to see what kit other people are using, and it can sometimes help to put their comments in perspective. Plus if you are asking for advice on a change of, say, loudspeakers, it does save people from asking 'what's the rest of your system?'. Saves you from having to reply, too.

Gordon Steadman
21-12-2013, 18:34
I find it interesting to see what kit other people are using, and it can sometimes help to put their comments in perspective. Plus if you are asking for advice on a change of, say, loudspeakers, it does save people from asking 'what's the rest of your system?'. Saves you from having to reply, too.

Yeah but yours is only two lines not the outline of your next novel:lol:

Barry
21-12-2013, 19:36

You can always look at the member's own profile, where the details of their system(s) are given.

Mike
22-12-2013, 11:41
You can always look at the member's own profile, where the details of their system(s) are given.

Well said! ;)