PDA

View Full Version : Costco Grub

Covenant
07-06-2009, 20:24
Went to Costco yesterday to order a birthday cake and as usual ended up with a load of other stuff. The quality of the food there is really good. Got some lemon sole-twenty minutes under the grill and you have a meal that wouldn't disgrace a top restaurant. Most of the stuff is in resealable bags so there is little waste.

aquapiranha
08-06-2009, 08:44
By coincidence, I was in Costco Chester last week, also picking up a cake that a freind had ordered. Needless to say, the cake was not ready as promised, meaning we had to wander around the shop for 20 minutes...

Now, I used to have a Costco card many years ago, and I now realise why I never renewed it - unless you have a big family I can see a lot of the things they sell going to waste as the packs are so big I would end up throwing a lot of stuff out. Where I can see and advantage would be stuff like coffee and soap powder, but that is about it. I did have fun looking around though, and among the trampolines and canoes and chainsaws there was the occasional bargain. The only thing I picked up was a multipack of pomegranate juice...

StanleyB
08-06-2009, 09:50
For single and small quantity purchases, ASDA and MAKRO tend to have the same price as COSTCO. Even the large PEPSI bulk pack costs the same. The Tropicana orange juice is cheaper in Sainsbury's. Krug champagne, the XO range of brandies, and Bacardi white rum is cheaper in COSTCO.
Their cantine serves some really good and cheap meals though and their tires are good for the price too.

Stan

Covenant
08-06-2009, 14:03
You can get much better deals on line for tyres. You pay for them and arrange to have them fitted at a tyre place nearby.
Its the stuff in the freezers that is worth trying-aberdeen angus burgers, chop suey rolls and really good fish to name but a few.

spendorman
14-06-2009, 16:13
You can get much better deals on line for tyres. You pay for them and arrange to have them fitted at a tyre place nearby.
Its the stuff in the freezers that is worth trying-aberdeen angus burgers, chop suey rolls and really good fish to name but a few.

I found the tyres almost unbeatable in price at Costco, in fact phoned there yesterday for some info. Car batteries too, good price for good quality (Bosch). The last tyres I got from Costco was about 2 years ago for Volvo 340 GLE about £18 each inc. fitting, balancing, valve and VAT.

Oh yes, Costco food, I do like it, have to keep away from the bakery!

Beechwoods
14-06-2009, 17:16
Krug champagne, the XO range of brandies, and Bacardi white rum

:cool: :beer: (always wanted to use that smilie!).