PDA

View Full Version : Meridian 506.20 CD Player

Ninanina
08-12-2013, 18:29
I am posting this sale of a Meridian 506.20 cd player for a friend who "doesn't do forums" !!

The cd player is in near mint condition, I don't think you would buy better condition

It works perfectly with no faults as you'd expect from a quality machine

There is no remote but most Philips/Marantz type remotes will operate it

He would like £350 ovno for it

He would prefer pick up from Portsmouth, PO2. If not he is willing to post, via Parcel Force 48, but due to the weight of the unit, the packaging and insurance, postage will be £25 (it will actually cost him over £30 but he will reduce that to £25)

Please PM me if you are interested and I will pass the details on or I can give you his mobile number to contact him directly

mad-moon
08-12-2013, 19:40
pacel2go.com will courier this for £15.00ish insured..probably get 2-3 day service too...
I am posting this sale of a Meridian 506.20 cd player for a friend who "doesn't do forums" !!

The cd player is in near mint condition, I don't think you would buy better condition

It works perfectly with no faults as you'd expect from a quality machine

There is no remote but most Philips/Marantz type remotes will operate it

He would like £350 ovno for it

He would prefer pick up from Portsmouth, PO2. If not he is willing to post, via Parcel Force 48, but due to the weight of the unit, the packaging and insurance, postage will be £25 (it will actually cost him over £30 but he will reduce that to £25)

Please PM me if you are interested and I will pass the details on or I can give you his mobile number to contact him directly

Ninanina
08-12-2013, 19:46
Hi Alan
People keep mentioning cheaper services to me but in my experience these services either don't take the weight or cannot insure the item for the correct amount

I think £25 for sending this heavy item fully insured for the full amount isn't bad

If someone would like to arrange their own courier, and take the risks, then I am sure my friend would be fine with that as long as it doesn't mean him staying in all day for the courier to turn up

synsei
08-12-2013, 20:49
Good luck with the sale Bev however I think your friend should do his research as Parcel Force are not the only shipping service which offers full insurance coverage without a weight limit. It would increase his chances of a sale ;)

Ninanina
08-12-2013, 20:50
I will let him know but I don't expect him to be very interested if it means hanging around at home for a courier

synsei
08-12-2013, 21:06
Can he not leave it with a family member or friend Bev? As an example, James (Istari Night) shipped a pair of Celestion Ditton 44's in two packages to me here in Northamptonshire from the far west of Cornwall via TNT for 32 quid fully insured if I recall correctly. I would suspect one Ditton 44 weighs more than the Meridian so your friend may want to give them a bell ;)

Ninanina
08-12-2013, 21:07
To be honest this is supposed to be a sales thread and I want very little to do with the actual sale and other hassle, thanks. I will leave it up to him to decide how he wants to post it

synsei
08-12-2013, 21:09
To be honest this is supposed to be a sales thread and I want very little to do with the actual sale and other hassle, thanks

No worries Bev, just trying to help your friend make the sale ;)

Ninanina
08-12-2013, 21:11
I can't see that £15 or £25 postage would make any difference to a sale, surely a tenner is not worth worrying about to get something properly boxed, packaged, insured and shipped is it?

Ninanina
08-12-2013, 21:34
I've passed on the comments, re: postage, to my friend who has the Meridian for sale and he's asked me to remove it from sale

So REMOVED FROM SALE

Clive
09-12-2013, 00:09
I thought for sale threads were not supposed to be crapped on. Ok it wasn't about the product but it did concern the sale. Maybe this is why the vendor "doesn't do forums".

synsei
09-12-2013, 07:15
I thought for sale threads were not supposed to be crapped on. Ok it wasn't about the product but it did concern the sale. Maybe this is why the vendor "doesn't do forums".

If helpful suggestions constitute thread crapping Clive then I am guilty as charged ;)

orbscure
09-12-2013, 10:06
Perhaps we need a postage/shipping suggestions sticky, so that members can post their recommendations for who they use? Then a simple pointer to that thread is all that's needed without the need for those here with good intentions being labelled as something they are clearly not... :)

Markiii
09-12-2013, 11:35
surprised we don't have a rule preventing you from selling anything you don't own anyway.

mad-moon
09-12-2013, 12:14
noooooo...what about links to gumtree and ebay..pointing out intersting items...the chap has decided to pull the cd player...lets move on eh..:)
surprised we don't have a rule preventing you from selling anything you don't own anyway.