PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX-V675

Jonboy
04-12-2013, 22:49
I had a mad moment and decided to buy a new av amp last week and ended up with this one, very pleased with it, its not what you would call proper hifi but i really enjoying the Airplay function using Spotify from my i phone or i pad its making my Squeeze box touch a tad redundant.

You can download the Yamaha app and can use your i phone /ipad as another remote as well, the only slight niggle i have so far is that the speaker terminals at the rear are a bit flimsy but work fine with bananas, the front hdmi socket is handy as well, its a big step up from my old Onkyo

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/p/yamaha-rx-v675av-receiver/audio-visual-receivers?pp=96

Audio Al
05-12-2013, 02:38
Jon

It's good to see you back with us and posting again :)

Jonboy
05-12-2013, 17:52
Thanks Al i'm getting back into it all slow but sure :)

jon1
05-12-2013, 19:28
The amps looks well jon:)

jon

TimJ
19-02-2014, 16:41
the amp is a good buy, yamaha av amps are very good at 'stereo' only mode. so it will be a good all rounder :) - i presume it has the 'pure' option?
edit - yes it does i just checked your link! - i find this great when i have a good audio file on my mac & it goes through the BM2 dac - great sound in just good old stereo

Jac Hawk
11-11-2015, 21:20
Just noticed this post, I recently bought the Yammy RX-V777 to replace my old Marantz, must say it's chokka with features, wifi, airplay, hdmi2 and the sound is every bit as good if not better than my old Marantz, which something i was a bit worried about, the only slight let down is it isn't built as well as the Marantz, but you can't have it all

phoenixpete
29-04-2016, 06:03
I just got one of these from Richer sounds too. ( Yamaha RXV 679 in titanium finish.)
The speaker posts are horrible, i can't get my bannana plugs to go in at all, the holes are far too small.
Can any one tell me if there are smaller types that fit?

Amp though is great, i like the auto speaker setup using the supplied microphone, really sounds all around the room now much more so than my old Yamaha pro logic A970 that must be at least 20 years old was used everyday and still going strong, never went wrong. Hope the new one is as reliable.

Firebottle
29-04-2016, 06:57
Hi Pete, it looks like the speaker posts possibly have tubular inserts in them, to meet the CE regs.

Try pulling them out, this should reveal a 4mm hole. :)

phoenixpete
29-04-2016, 08:44
Hi Pete, it looks like the speaker posts possibly have tubular inserts in them, to meet the CE regs.

Try pulling them out, this should reveal a 4mm hole. :)

Doh :doh:

Spent ages trying to make them work, ended up using bare wire but even that is a pain as no hole to put the wire in just sort of poke the wire at the plug, screw down and hope for a good contact.

Just tried as you said Firebottle, used a small self tapper in the hole, pull and out comes a little cap:rolleyes: Shame there was no mention of these in the instructions anywhere. So just ordered 20 Nakamichi speaker plugs which look good.
Cheers for the help :cool:

Firebottle
29-04-2016, 11:07
:thumbsup:

rmcin626
01-05-2016, 19:16
I have a RX 675 does anyone know of a wifi adapter that works with the amp?

rmcin626
02-12-2018, 12:17
I have a RX 675 does anyone know of a wifi adapter that works with the amp?

Forgot I had posted this, does anyone know of an WiFi adapter that could be used with this amp?

struth
02-12-2018, 12:23
probably the ywa 10

rmcin626
02-12-2018, 12:30
probably the ywa 10

Thanks Grant, they’re a bit pricey looking for a cheaper alternative, at that price I could buy a new av receiver

struth
02-12-2018, 12:32
Thanks Grant, they’re a bit pricey looking for a cheaper alternative, at that price I could buy a new av receiver

no idea.. just know they use it on many things.. think their pianos too. maybe better getting an airplay transmitter or reciever. could use with phone

rmcin626
02-12-2018, 12:43
no idea.. just know they use it on many things.. think their pianos too. maybe better getting an airplay transmitter or reciever. could use with phone

My Yamaha RX v675 is becoming a bit temperamental so it might be time for a change

Jac Hawk
19-01-2019, 17:56
Why not use a power line carrier (PLC) adapter?