PDA

View Full Version : B&W DM4 Speaker Repair

SL1210
02-12-2013, 20:12
Hello, I recently purchased a non-working pair of B&W DM4's for cheap, all original, condition of cabs is excellent, I like these speakers so have every intention to bring them back to life.

So what's not working, well one of the Coles 4001's is shot, easy enough buy a new one or source second hand.

Unfortunately I think one of the bass drivers is broken, when playing music there is a low output but is clearly too low compared to the output of the tweeters (if that makes sense) on checking the DC resistance it is showing 0.2 compared to the other (working) speaker which is 3.3. I can't see any physical damage to the unit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what might be wrong? DW200/4 drivers seem hard to come by, perhaps a repair would be possible? I'm trying to avoid having to buy another pair of DM4's to cannibalise for parts.

Thanks! any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

istari_knight
02-12-2013, 20:27
http://www.wembleyloudspeaker.com would be your best bet I reckon.... Theres also DK Loudspeakers but the bloke doesn't use the internet & I've read reports of work taking up to 18 months to complete !

SL1210
02-12-2013, 23:11
Thanks I will drop an email to Wembley..! see how I get on.