PDA

View Full Version : Ah, that song takes me back....

Groove Junkie
27-11-2013, 22:16
Ok, when I hear Elton John singing "Rocket Man", I'm taken back to 15 years old, standing at a lathe in a machine shop where we used to listen to Jimmy Young on a radio built out of a cupboard.

Perry Como singing "I'll be home for Christmas" takes me back to helping with the tree decorating which the whole family took part in (sigh).

Tarzan
29-11-2013, 11:51
If we are talking Christmas songs then for me "A fairytale of New York", we were HADCORE boozers back in the day............................................... ......:cool:

The Grand Wazoo
29-11-2013, 18:45
Gosh, there are hundred of them!
Robert Plant - 'Big Log': a camping trip in Wales, summer 1983 - every time the car radio was turned on, there it was!
The Blues Brothers - 'Rubber Biscuit': mad, boozy teenage parties.
Rory Gallagher - 'Philby': tearing round tiny country lanes in Sussex during the early hours of the morning in a friend's blue Mini.

walpurgis
29-11-2013, 19:39
Robert Plant - 'Big Log': a camping trip in Wales, summer 1983 - every time the car radio was turned on, there it was!

'Big Log' has unfortunate associations for me really. Where I worked at its release, some dirty bugger used to leave a huge 'big log' draped down the pan in our works bog on a regular basis! We never did find out who, but one or two used to walk around suspiciously singing the song at around the time these nasty things were discovered.

synsei
30-11-2013, 00:19
There are many but one in particular brings back fond memories of a school coach trip to the Custom Car Show at Ally Pally in the late 1970's (1977?). It was not a massively long journey from the Medway Towns however ELO's Mr Blue Sky popped up on the radio at least three times during the journey there and back again again. Fifty two excitable teenage boys all singing along to the chorus with varying levels of pitch accuracy must have been hellish for the driver and accompanying staff... :lol:

Roy S
30-11-2013, 02:06
a school coach trip to the Custom Car Show at Ally Pally in the late 1970's (1977?).

F*k me a school trip to a custom car show!!?, how educational is that? all we got was Ann of thousand days at the flicks