PDA

View Full Version : Luxman PD 264

Ned664
17-11-2013, 17:53
Okay so I have just acquired a Luxman turntable panel on the back says it's a PD 264. It's direct drive with auto return and mirror strobe. I think it is an old turntable but I have just fitted a Benz micro silver and it seems to work perfectly! So anyone know anything about these?

The Barbarian
17-11-2013, 17:56
Can you disable the autolift on the arm?

Edit:
Just notice your using Benz Micro cart, that arm should be low mass hence you could do with high compliance cart..

Ned664
18-11-2013, 08:35
Thanks Andre,

When I say acquired it was a gift from a neighbour who was clearing out a room, found this and asked if it wanted it knowing of my passion for vinyl. I stuck in the Benz Micro only as as it was a spare cartridge to see if the thing worked. I think it had been stood unused for many, many years. It was with some amazement to me that it sounded as good as it did, I guess with a better matched cartridge it would be better still? Having checked the platter speed both with the fitted strobe and my own it was spot on! This TT will not be replacing my Roksan Radius so I am left wondering what to do with it.

Tarzan
18-11-2013, 18:32
l can tell you something about the Luxman PD264 Turntable-it is one of the prettiest turntables ever, love their looks!