PDA

View Full Version : Netspresso machine rec's?

Gazjam
17-11-2013, 17:24
Have one of these at work - wow, great coffee!

Don't want to spend a fortune but don't want to buy false economy...like most things there's got to be a middle ground.

Any suggestions or experience fella's?

ta.

julesd68
17-11-2013, 17:44
I've just bought this 'entry-level' Gaggia machine which is on offer at John Lewis for a very reasonable £69.95

http://www.johnlewis.com/gaggia-gran-gaggia-ri8323-01-manual-espresso-coffee-machine-black/p231892341#BVRRWidgetID

Only just arrived and haven't had a chance to try it yet!

The reason I went for this is you can use both fresh coffee and also ESE pods which have a much wider choice of coffee suppliers than the Nespresso or Tassimo etc ...
ESE pods are also cheaper.

In theory should make much better coffee than those other brands, the downside is that they are not as simple to use ...

Barry
17-11-2013, 19:53
One should boycott using anything from the Nestlé company, for ethical reasons.

julesd68
23-11-2013, 11:20
Update - my machine was bust from first use - wouldn't dispense any water!

Anyway, got it exchanged without any hassle at John Lewis and got it up and running this morning. I am more than happy with the results. The imported Italian ESE pods I bought are superb and the machine has turned out to be easy to use once you get the hang of it. I was so pleased I made a second cup and was surprised at how easy it was to get the milk to the required texture, with the help of a couple of 'how to' videos I found.

So there is no question the machine can make excellent coffee, only question is over long-term reliability but buying from John Lewis gives you a 2 yr guarantee. Fingers crossed.

Macca
23-11-2013, 11:42
One should boycott using anything from the Nestlé company, for ethical reasons.

And they ruined Yorkie bars when they bought out Rowntrees - A lot less cocoa and lots more sugar. I boycott them for that alone.

The Grand Wazoo
23-11-2013, 11:44
Don't you have a problem with something that uses so much packaging? Individually packed portions of coffee - surely that's just wrong?

doodoos
23-11-2013, 13:47
I use a Magimix Citiz - works well + good taste from the capsules. Nespresso have a great variety to choose from.