PDA

View Full Version : House Alarms

cpjvej2012
14-11-2013, 13:14
I am looking to install one, Ive dabbled a bit in alarms but this ones a bit different to what I have touched before.

Im looking to get something Texecom based. At home in a tool box Ive got x2 Texecom Premier Grade 3 LCD Keypads. I can get hold of panels dirt cheap too (looking at a premier 24 on ebay).

Debating whether to get a panel with built in keypad such as the Veritas range, or put these keypads up, get the control panel and buy the PIR's and the sounder box. The joys with the Premier I usppose is I can incorporate Fire alarm function within the system and have battery backup! (I believe anyway)

What has everyone else got ? Anyone installed one of these Premier systems ?

Cheers
Chris.

Effem
14-11-2013, 13:48
The last house I bought had a swanky alarm system built in and it drove me nuts. Even though it was deactivated by the keycode it would still sound off in the middle of the night for no apparent reason, or the bastid thing refused the correct keycode entered so I couldn't even get into the house myself and had to call an engineer out before the rozzers arrived. It was installed by the man who owned the house before me and ran an alarm business from it. I took great pleasure in ripping the whole lot out :eyebrows:

Macca
14-11-2013, 13:53
Waste of time unless it is linked to a private security firm. Plod will not respond and it will just piss your neighbours off if it starts going off while your away. I had to knock one of the wall with a lump hammer once as the bloke was in Spain for a week and no-one in the neighbourhood could get any sleep. Plod were there but turned a blind eye (in fact it was their idea IIRC).

cpjvej2012
14-11-2013, 14:09
Ahhh well this system will be done properly and will be remotely controlled by me, and monitored remotely by me by using the ComIP module in the alarm. Which means I can dial into it from anywhere on the net if I wanted to (yes yes I know) so if it was to go off I can remotely unset it etc. I work in Telecomms (technical team) to and my Internet supply comes form the company I work for so I could remotely control my systems from work if I need to. :)