PDA

View Full Version : Audio innovation 2nd audio mono valve amps

take5
11-11-2013, 08:56
Selling as per the Title.

Many of you know how much I like these amps, and will know that it is not an easy sale for me.

I have been trying to sell another pair of mono amps, but having no joy there.
I have reduced the price on those until I am at ridiculous levels, but still no sale, so these AI's are now available.

I bought these via the Wam in Autumn 2012. The sound coming out of them was great, but they werent quite right. There was a distortion/hissing thing going on too.

I was advised to re-seat the valves, which may clear things up.
Stupidly, I re-seated them wrongly, and caused a loud bang. (no comments please from "friends" - remember this is a For Sale thread)

I sent them off to Guy at Puresound, and he fixed the original problems and the ones caused by my mistake.

Guy did his usual great work and they sound great again. I took them to Scalford in March this year, and they received much attention and praise.

When I got them there was a matched quad of 2A3 valves, plus another random quad of 2A3's. (In fact, this set up was what I used at Scalford).
Since then, I have changed the random set out and now have 2 matched sets of 4, with 2 valves from each quad in each amp (as suggested by Guy).
They now sound even better than at Scalford.

I have been using them mainly with my Snell K's but lately with my Snell C's. They sound fantastic with both. Many wammers have heard these and praised the sounds coming out .
If your speakers are not very efficient, these amps are probably not for you. But with suitably efficient speakers ie Snell / Audio Note etc, they will be fantastic.
In fact, if you have such speakers, you really owe it to yourself and your speakers to get these monos on to the end of them.

I took them to a WAm bakeoff in the spring. They sounded great driving a pair of
big Tannoys, as well as a pair of Snell J's.

Those other monos that I have are fantastic, and sound great with my Snells. It wont be a hardship using them. But, the AI 2nd's sound even better.

My price is £1250. I may come down at some point in the future, but not yet. It is firm. Please dont make any offers.

You are welcome here to see and hear them. I may be able to deliver for a contribution to petrol costs.

The Grand Wazoo
11-11-2013, 09:06
Important news! (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?28998-Psst!!-D-yer-wanna-buy-a)

Audioman
11-11-2013, 09:20
Heard these at Scalford and the system was one of the best sounding on the day.

Paul.

take5
11-11-2013, 10:02
Important news! (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?28998-Psst!!-D-yer-wanna-buy-a)

Chris, nothing underhand or anything along those lines. I am open and honest.

I simply dont have a digital camera.
I lead a simple life, and am quite content with the material things that I own. A digital camera is something that I am quite content not to own.

I can link to some threads on Wigwam where there are pictures of them, if needed. I may also be able to get some Wam mates to take some better pictures for me. It is possible but I dont when.

I realise that pictures will help. I just cant offer them at the moment.

take5
11-11-2013, 10:03
Heard these at Scalford and the system was one of the best sounding on the day.

Paul.

Paul, thanks for your comment. Yes, my system went down very well that day.

chris@panteg
11-11-2013, 10:11
Good luck with the sale. , I used to own a pair with BP psu's, nice looking and do sound at their best with the type J or E .

Audioman
11-11-2013, 12:07
Chris, nothing underhand or anything along those lines. I am open and honest.

I simply dont have a digital camera.
I lead a simple life, and am quite content with the material things that I own. A digital camera is something that I am quite content not to own.

I can link to some threads on Wigwam where there are pictures of them, if needed. I may also be able to get some Wam mates to take some better pictures for me. It is possible but I dont when.

I realise that pictures will help. I just cant offer them at the moment.

Brian.

Do you at least have a mobile phone? Most modern ones have a camera which will take a passable picture? If you don't no worries - kind of admire and wonder how anyone can operate without these days.

take5
11-11-2013, 13:03
Brian.

Do you at least have a mobile phone? Most modern ones have a camera which will take a passable picture? If you don't no worries - kind of admire and wonder how anyone can operate without these days.

Paul, LOL.
Yes I have a mobile phone. It cost me £30 including £20 of free calls.
Im very happy with it, but it doesnt have a camera on it.

My daughter thinks I live in the dark ages, but I seem to manage in all areas of my life except being able to take photographs.

Dont even ask me about texting !!!! One day, perhaps, I will acquire that skill too.

Anyway, amps still available

Firebottle
11-11-2013, 13:50
Is this the one Brian?
http://www.borderpatrol.net/images/AudioInnovationsFirst.jpg

Nice to help out such a down to earth chap. My mobile doesn`t have a camera either, but I do have digital cameras :eyebrows:

:cool: Alan

take5
11-11-2013, 14:25
Alan, thanks for that.

The layout of valves looks similar, but that may well be the 1st Audio, which is the stereo (ie one box) version.

I notice the yellow writing. My mono pair have red writing.
I had the 1st Audio version whilst the 2nd Audios were being fixed. It was very nice, but not as good as the 2nd Audio mono pair, which were I believe the Top of the Range amps from Audio Innovations.

Anyway, your picture gives an idea, so thanks for that

chris@panteg
11-11-2013, 20:43
Yes that's the 1st audio , 7.5 watt, 2nd does have red writing.

take5
13-11-2013, 19:17
Bump