PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen squeezebox problem

icehockeyboy
03-11-2013, 09:34
My second SBT occasionally says that there is no internet connection, despite the main SBT working perfectly. So that isn't true.

Removing power resets it, and it works fine, but any ideas as to why this is happening?

Stratmangler
03-11-2013, 10:36
Wired/wireless?
LMS/Tiny SC?

slate
03-11-2013, 21:09
Using any appliance at the time when it fails? it is known that a microwave can disturb WiFi

icehockeyboy
04-11-2013, 11:07
Using any appliance at the time when it fails? it is known that a microwave can disturb WiFi
Well it's sat near to the microwave, separated by a cabinet, but it's been there over a year with no problems until now.

Chris, LMS.

Stratmangler
04-11-2013, 11:20
Have you tried swapping the players over?
It's going to be a process of elimination, and could take a while ...

icehockeyboy
04-11-2013, 16:13
Have you tried swapping the players over?
It's going to be a process of elimination, and could take a while ...

Not yet Chris......

Mark Grant
05-11-2013, 10:13
Well it's sat near to the microwave, separated by a cabinet, but it's been there over a year with no problems until now.

Chris, LMS.

Maybe one of your neighbours has installed something new and is using the same wifi channel ?

If you have not done so already install a free wifi analyser tool on your phone or laptop and check the channels in use in your area.

Changing the channel to something more clear can often make a big difference.

icehockeyboy
05-11-2013, 12:48
Maybe one of your neighbours has installed something new and is using the same wifi channel ?

If you have not done so already install a free wifi analyser tool on your phone or laptop and check the channels in use in your area.

Changing the channel to something more clear can often make a big difference.

Cheers Mark, I have one on my iPad, I'll check it later.