PDA

View Full Version : Weird effect

icehockeyboy
30-10-2013, 21:14
Just playing Notting Hill on DVD, and at the part where Al Green sings " How can You mend A broken Heart"
The music coming from the front right speaker, which sits slightly to the right of my screen, is coming from the corner where the sub sits, eight foot to its right!

How come?

synsei
30-10-2013, 21:19
I have an image of Craig crouching next to his sub calling: '"Al... Al, are you in there???" :lol:

Macca
31-10-2013, 08:27
I have an image of Craig crouching next to his sub calling: '"Al... Al, are you in there???" :lol:

lol

Possible you have the sub crossing over at too high a level, Craig. Are you using the dedicated LFE channel or just running the main signal into it? There shouldn't be any vocals on the LFE feed, unless the mastering is a bit shonky.

icehockeyboy
31-10-2013, 12:15
lol

Possible you have the sub crossing over at too high a level, Craig. Are you using the dedicated LFE channel or just running the main signal into it? There shouldn't be any vocals on the LFE feed, unless the mastering is a bit shonky.

No, I was only scene setting when I mentioned the sub, everything is set up properly, the coincidence is that the output coming from the right hand speaker appears to be 8 foot to its right........in other words as if the speaker were sited in the corner, which it isn't, just above where the sub hides.
Clear now?

Macca
31-10-2013, 12:28
I see what you mean, now. Some sort of crazy DSP effect, then.

icehockeyboy
31-10-2013, 12:31
I see what you mean, now. Some sort of crazy DSP effect, then.

Yep!

pjdowns
02-11-2013, 17:50
That's DSP for you... very strange stuff :lol: