PDA

View Full Version : Does your partner appreciate music and your system as much as you do?

synsei
28-10-2013, 15:49
From the moment I decided to re-enter the hifi scene a few years ago I have had Jo's full support. Every decision to buy a new component, cable, or cartridge has been jointly made and where possible we audition each candidate after which we discuss its pros and cons and come to a decision together. Although Jo doesn't always understand the technical stuff I trust her ears implicitly and on a few occasions she has pointed out shortcomings in components that I have missed initially. She derives as much pleasure from listening to music as I do and she likes it to sound as good as possible, without her I am pretty sure our system would not exist in its current form...

Clive197
28-10-2013, 16:14
I can say in complete authority that my wife is a philistine when it comes to my HiFi and music, along with Spurs and F1.

However she's a great cook and we both love travelling having been to pretty strange places like China and Alaska among the more usual destinations of Australia, South Africa and the U.S.A. After 35 yrs I still would not swop her

f1eng
28-10-2013, 16:38
My wife is a professional musician and thinks hifi is a waste of money. She studies other people's performances by listening to youtube videos on her lappy. I bought her some headphones so she can hear it better but she rarely uses them.
OTOH she is definitely a music lover!
Most of the recordings I have made are of her and others she was performing with.

shane
28-10-2013, 16:48
Jane's not the least bothered about the hifi, but has a far more critical ear than I. I've learned the hard way that if she says that the latest change that I've spent pounds or hours on is rubbish, she's usually right.

Interesting about the music professional. I once knew a lady who was a professional conductor. Although we sold her a good system (Dual 701/Yamaha CR1000/Gale 401As, probably not a combination I'd go for now!), she still felt that it was so far removed from the experience of standing on the podium that it wasn't a huge amount better than a Ferguson music centre. If she rally wanted to enjoy a musical experience on her own, she'd read the score to herself in silence. That way she'd get the best interpretation of the piece in her head.

Beobloke
28-10-2013, 16:50
My wife plays the flute and piano and has a very good ear for music - she very nearly did a degree in music but went for maths and computer science instead. Taking her to a hi-fi show is a nightmare as she refuses to stay in any room she deems as substandard and refuses to budge out of any room she likes!

She appreciates my system and some of the equipment I have but hates most of my loudspeakers, due to their size, weight and sheer ugliness, although she will concede that most of them sound good and is happy for items like this to come and go as long as they stay in my listening room. She loves the B&O setup we have in the lounge and actually instigated the first B&O purchase in there with her first ever work bonus!

Interestingly, part of the building work we're having done in the next few months will include the creation of a lounge that will be 14.5 feet wide and around 30 feet long. I tentatively suggested that this would require a serious pair of loudspeakers and she agreed, but we will be choosing them together in terms of both style and sound. I thought I'd throw a few initial suggestions into the pot to see what I could get away with and so I can report so far that B&O Beolab 5s, Meridian DSP6000s and PMC Fact 12s have recieved initial approval subject to audition, whereas PMC BB5SEs and Naim DBLs were awarded a resounding "NO" without further discussion! :D

Rare Bird
28-10-2013, 16:51
The wife thinks my music is bonkers :( regarding the masses of gear i buy {Used to buy} i always get the same old 'Why do you need so many amplifiers'? my reply be: 'you can never have too many spare amps' :D

However when i told her that was it, my buying equipment days are over i got that: 'pull the other one it's got bells attached' look :lol:

But i stick to my guns that's really it im an happy bunny with what im using, did not cost that much either. :) so it's pretty much buying Vinyl & books these days..

Joe
28-10-2013, 17:12
It's fair to say that whilst my wife has been very tolerant of hifi to-ings and fro-ings, she's never commented either favourably or otherwise on the sound quality of any system I've owned.

cloth-ears
28-10-2013, 17:23
My wife thinks one wire is ten too many. Luckily for me her love for buying handbags and shoes far outweighs my spending on stereo equipment :)

jollyfix
28-10-2013, 17:32
My other half loves music as much as me, we like the same stuff ( all sorts ), and both like HIFI. The music for us is more important than HIFI , but we both like to listen on a half decent system. She was a session singer many moons ago, and a pro dancer ( no, nothing to do with poles), now she is an award winning film maker ( music vids too).
We both listen to music, not like most of our friends ( non hifi bods) who tend to play music. They think we are nuts because we dont have a TV, and some of her friends think she is a wee bit odd because she hates shopping, unless its for music.

Puffin
28-10-2013, 17:38
No.

cloth-ears
28-10-2013, 17:58
No.

I always enjoy reading your posts but could you please try to keep them a little shorter

synsei
28-10-2013, 18:21
I always enjoy reading your posts but could you please try to keep them a little shorter

:lol:

realysm42
28-10-2013, 18:32
I mentioned various forums and blokes moaning about how "swmbo doesn't like the new speakers and so they're for sale" to her and she asked "who cares how they look, surely its about the sound they make?". It was at that moment I realised she's the one :)

Its funny with her because she can barely notice changes in the system when asked (I'm talking the difference between speakers here, not wires etc) but loves the experience as a whole (listening to good music). She also bemoaned a festival this year for bad sound quality saying that I'd spoilt her :lolsign:

Yomanze
28-10-2013, 18:50
She loves how much more real it makes music sound, but no interest in the kit itself. Definitely appreciates music as much as me, but doesn't stand in the way of my 'hobby'!

Thing Fish
28-10-2013, 18:56
This perhapps should have been a poll?

Yomanze
28-10-2013, 19:11
Funny you mention that Martin I repeatedly thought how much better my system sounded than what was pouring out at Green Man festival...

realysm42
28-10-2013, 19:16
Satisfying isn't it :)

Funny you mention that Martin I repeatedly thought how much better my system sounded than what was pouring out at Green Man festival...

synsei
28-10-2013, 19:17
This perhapps should have been a poll?

I didn't think of this when composing the thread Dave, perhaps a mod could add a poll for me?

Gordon Steadman
28-10-2013, 19:19
Yes

Puffin
28-10-2013, 19:38

synsei
28-10-2013, 19:40

Rob, could you post a link to the invisible ink you use, it's awesome... :D

da2222
28-10-2013, 19:42
Is this a joke?

RichB
28-10-2013, 19:44
Mrs B loves music but as I buy so much of it she would never think to purchase a CD or a download. Live music is a different proposition, give her a rocking band in a pub setting and she's in her element!

She couldn't give 2 figs about the stereo, except for untidy cables which she hates. My current system is an example of cable stealth in this sense. When we were redecorating she missed not having 'proper sound' for the telly while it was all disassembled which is the nearest she's ever got to a compliment. She thinks I'm obsessed with 'bits of wire' and whenever the postie brings a parcel she'll ask what bits of wire I've been buying now!

Last year I bought her a nice pair of headphones for her birthday which she loves as she works in an environment with other chatty women and blocks them out with Radio Paradise. She says this was her best present ever!

The main thing is she understands me and knows that I would no more live without my music and HiFi than she would live without her EastEnders.

synsei
28-10-2013, 19:46
Is this a joke?

Nope...

The Grand Wazoo
28-10-2013, 19:46
Poll added - please vote twice!
Once for music, once for the system.

synsei
28-10-2013, 19:48
Poll added - please vote twice!
Once for music, once for the system.

Cheers Chris :thumbsup:

walpurgis
28-10-2013, 20:00
I was into my sounds before I met the missus.

She makes no observations apart from very occasionally saying "and how much did that Hi-Fi cost?". To which I'd normally respond with something like 'probably less than your annual expenditure on wine'!

She doesn't like my anarchic and obscure tastes in music and the only Hi-Fi word she would recognise is 'Tannoy', mainly 'cos they're big buggers, there's always been a pair around and it's written on them.

Oh, and nobody else in the house is permitted to use or even access my system (it's in a locked room and nobody gets in unless I'm there). Same goes for my music collection and PC!

(Dunno why we're still together really. We have absolutely no common interests and lead largely separate lives and there's certainly no romance there)

PaulStewart
28-10-2013, 20:21
Interesting, when Viv and I first got together, I was not sure how she would take to all the kit. I was pleasantly surprised to find, that not only did she like the music, her tastes are as eclectic as mine, but she also liked the kit. When I saw the Lockys advertised on fleabay and got them for silly low money (£410.00 for Lockwood Academies with 12" MGs) I was worried what she would think about the increase in size over the TDL Studio 1ms we were using. We got the in the car (just) and drove them back from Bristol and she looked a bit askance, but said nothing. She helped get them out of the car and up the stairs to our first floor flat and into our not to huge living room. I hooked them up and as i did I said if they don't sound right we can sell them.....

First track and they sounded great to me, I looked over and she said "They're fantastic, they stay till we move and then they're coming with us. We cover a lot of live music together as well these days and every thing we do musically and equipment wise we do together. It's great being on a journey together. I used to have a mate who is an amateur music journo and former HiFi store manager, his wife thinks that Cliff Richard makes music and that the system in the living room is "in the way" so with the Gyro Deck, Audio Analog Puccini, Pro Ac system sitting idle he is sent to the box room upstairs to listen to downloads on a PC. I feel for the guy, but if you marry a cloth eared, ball crusher ;)

Best to all

The Grand Wazoo
28-10-2013, 20:44
I consider myself very lucky in that I have a wife who loves the same sort of music as me and appreciates that it's worth the effort to try to reproduce it as best as we can.
We'll always audition a prospective or actual purchase together as well as any little mods or changes that might be made. She will usually have very firm views on whether she likes a change or not and usually makes her evaluation quicker than I do.
A few examples of her commitment to 'The Cause':

Auditioning resistors for the SUT - same value, different brands - the Shukos won!
Marking, measuring, clamping, fetching and carrying in pursuit of building a turntable plinth.
She gave her blessing to my half joking comment that we might drive to Liverpool in a spur of the moment decision to buy a tonearm - despite the fact that it was the day we were moving house 170 miles in the opposite direction!
Favourite album? Atomic Rooster - 'Death Walks Behind You'

synsei
28-10-2013, 20:49
I consider myself very lucky in that I have a wife who loves the same sort of music as me and appreciates that it's worth the effort to try to reproduce it as best as we can.
We'll always audition a prospective or actual purchase together as well as any little mods or changes that might be made. She will usually have very firm views on whether she likes a change or not and usually makes her evaluation quicker than I do.
A few examples of her commitment to 'The Cause':

Auditioning resistors for the SUT - same value, different brands - the Shukos won!
Marking, measuring, clamping, fetching and carrying in pursuit of building a turntable plinth.
She gave her blessing to my half joking comment that we might drive to Liverpool in a spur of the moment decision to buy a tonearm - despite the fact that it was the day we were moving house 170 miles in the opposite direction!
Favourite album? Atomic Rooster - 'Death Walks Behind You'

It's nice to have someone to share a passion with, isn't it Chris? This doesn't need to be a solitary pursuit. We are both sitting here just now thoroughly enjoying Breakfast In America. No telly, no idle discussion, just the two of us enjoying the experience as if we were hearing it for the very first time... ;)

archiesdad
28-10-2013, 20:51
We both like/enjoy music, at the weekend it's first up gets the choice of discs and she plays a lot during the day( bugger can't find a job), but as for the kit she's not so fussy, she did accompany me to the test sessions and have an opinion, but at the end of the day she said it was my decision (and my cash) so we're pretty happy, and I don't mention handbags.:kiss:

Clothears
28-10-2013, 21:13
All my family have access to the hi-fi, though all they are interested in is playing Spotify or YouTube from the PC. As far as they are concerned everything sounds the same and can't understand what all the fuss is about and think I'm a geek! TBH I kind of nearly agree to a certain extent these days as I've not swapped or changed a component for nearly a year now. So far this year I've not had anyone walk into the front room to find me on my knees pulling and shoving wires etc. My son always thought it was funny and a bit of a wheeze to shit stir when he saw me browsing Ebay and shouting "Mum, he's buying again!"

To be fair to my wife she has never once complained about my hi-fi adventures. I went for 13 years with exactly the same system, then I had 4 years of furious box swapping and now appear to have grown out of all that nonsense. I'm now very content with my system and just listen to the music without obsessing about cables etc. :)

cloth-ears
28-10-2013, 21:20

Thats much better..................

Oldpinkman
29-10-2013, 07:20
Oh, mrs s has got the bug. Well enjoys having the kit and listening to music on it. Still encourages budgetary restraint (trades really - " yiu can have those headphones when the bedroom has been decorated") and of course mans the home furnishings machine gun nest :lol:

Andrew B
29-10-2013, 08:16
Mary's got her own system and tastes. In her world, the earth is, and always will be, perfectly flat. She has great ears for spotting musically important upgrades and I really like a bit of fatness myself, so it's all good :)

Marco
29-10-2013, 09:04
No issues here, in terms of either matter. Quite simply, if there was, we wouldn't be married! ;)

I've never understood why some blokes put up with this WAF nonsense!!

Del loves her favourite music also sounding superb, so acknowledges and appreciates the value of a quality hi-fi system. She also loves deep bass (and scale), and so demands the use of huge of speakers, which excel in that area.

Just how lucky am I?? :D

Marco.

Gordon Steadman
29-10-2013, 09:23
No issues here, in terms of either matter. Quite simply, if there was, we wouldn't be married! ;)

Aha, glad to see there is another one. As I seem to have repeated ad nauseum, if the wife doesn't suit, get another one.

Life is far too short to put up with anything but happiness in the most important part of your life.

Marco
29-10-2013, 09:27
Spot on!! :clap:

The same of course also applies with husbands.

Marco.

Beobloke
29-10-2013, 10:27

Del loves her favourite music also sounding superb, so acknowledges and appreciates the value of a quality hi-fi system. She also loves deep bass (and scale), and so demands the use of huge of speakers, which excel in that area.

Marco.

So why aren't your Tannoys in the lounge then? ;) :D

Beobloke
29-10-2013, 10:30
One other regular comment Mrs. B does make that I feel I should mention occurs when she uses my system to play some music whilst she's having a soak in the bath (my listening room is upstairs). As mentioned, we have all B&O in the lounge, controlled by one remote control, so her regular cry when using my reference system is "Why do I have to switch FOUR power switches on just to play a bl**dy CD?"

:D

Marco
29-10-2013, 10:40
So why aren't your Tannoys in the lounge then? ;) :D

Lol...

Because neither of us wants them in the lounge, as the Celestion 66s are already in there, along with all the antiques and other furniture! :ner:

Besides, the music room upstairs is custom-designed for the purpose of housing a hi-fi system and large music collection :)

Marco.

P.S In terms of 'bathroom listening', we have in-built waterproof speakers in the bathroom wall, fed from my main system upstairs - sounds fab!

Marco
29-10-2013, 11:56
She has great ears for spotting musically important upgrades and I really like a bit of fatness myself, so it's all good :)

You like 'em plump then? :D ;)

Marco.

Andrew B
29-10-2013, 13:15
You like 'em plump then? :D ;)

Marco.

OMG I'm a dead man! :lol:

For the record (and to save my neck) she's a size 10 ......and my ideal size :lol:

Those typos just seem to get me every time. I once sent an email in my former job to a gay manager called Gary, only to miss the "r" out of his name. Luckily, he was a good mate who knew how ditzy I can be and thought it was hilarious.

Then there was the time I sent the female Asst Director's young (and also female) PA an email which was supposed to end by saying "I know xxx is very busy, so I thought I'd try you instead. Unfortunately when typing the "y" of busy, I also hit the "t". I heard gales of laughter from the pair of them at the bottom of the office, and headed down only to find a message saying "I know xxx is very BUSTY so I thought I'd try you instead. Took months to live that one down

Daniel75
29-10-2013, 13:39
Yes she does appreciates music as much as I do. She completely doesn't care about sound quality though. I wish I could have this ability. Being very young again and listening to music on some crappy boombox blasting tunes recorded on equally crappy cassettes and being excited about music itself.

Marco
29-10-2013, 13:57
OMG I'm a dead man! :lol:

For the record (and to save my neck) she's a size 10 ......and my ideal size :lol:

Those typos just seem to get me every time. I once sent an email in my former job to a gay manager called Gary, only to miss the "r" out of his name. Luckily, he was a good mate who knew how ditzy I can be and thought it was hilarious.

Then there was the time I sent the female Asst Director's young (and also female) PA an email which was supposed to end by saying "I know xxx is very busy, so I thought I'd try you instead. Unfortunately when typing the "y" of busy, I also hit the "t". I heard gales of laughter from the pair of them at the bottom of the office, and headed down only to find a message saying "I know xxx is very BUSTY so I thought I'd try you instead. Took months to live that one down

:lolsign:

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us!

Marco.

electric beach
29-10-2013, 15:06
Aha, glad to see there is another one. As I seem to have repeated ad nauseum, if the wife doesn't suit, get another one.

Life is far too short to put up with anything but happiness in the most important part of your life.

I did! Well, a replacement, not an addition. You can have too much of a good thing.

When I saw that Steve (Aquapiranha) was making his Sachikos available I showed Valerie and said in respect of my contributions to the lounge furnishings "Look at the size of those babies then. It could be worse!"
"Awesome" she replied "Let's go get them, it's only a four hour drive". Which we did.
There aren't many of those around, I may well have the only one in captivity. Obviously size is everything.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9367&d=1291816561

Markiii
29-10-2013, 19:10

Marco.

likewise

jandl100
30-10-2013, 07:58
Mmm -- somewhat, is probably the answer to both.

Wifey certainly actively supports and encourages my interest in hifi ...

Just married and getting our first mortgage to buy a small terraced house. Times were quite hard financially, but we got an extra £1k on the mortgage so I could buy a pair of Quad 63 which had just come out.
More recently she saw me looking at a pair of weirdly designed MBL speakers on t'internet. "What are they?" - "My dream speakers" - "well, buy them then" - "But they cost £UmptyUmpK" - "Well, get them anyway". So I did. :)

She has said that if I popped my clogs before she did, she'd sell the Big Rig, but would have to get something decent as I had rather spoiled her when it comes to musical playback.

Musically, the only time we get together to listen (which is on say 2 or 3 evenings a week) is to watch DVDs of Gilbert & Sullivan operettas which we both enjoy very much.

Effem
30-10-2013, 11:24
She watches the goggle box in one room and I listens to me moosic in another room virtually all week. Where we used to live we had a largish lounge and a reasonable sized "dining room" which became my listening room, with would you believe large sliding patio doors between so she could see me but not hear much of the din I was making :eyebrows: This house is much smaller and my little room is further away.

She likes music, but it could play on a wind up gramophone for all she cares about sound quality.

Beobloke
30-10-2013, 12:57
Because neither of us wants them in the lounge, as the Celestion 66s are already in there, along with all the antiques and other furniture! :ner:

Fairy nuff! Out of interest, what's powering the 66s?

Marco
30-10-2013, 13:21
The same that's powering the Lockwoods (my main system upstairs).

I have have two sets of speaker cables for both pairs of speakers, and depending on which speakers I want to listen to (the Tannoys upstairs or the 66s downstairs), I simply swap the cables over on the power amp - simples :)

Makes blind-testing stuff, for example, a doddle! ;)

Marco.

WAD62
30-10-2013, 13:36
I can't really vote on this one as my missus likes music, but not quite as much as me, and appreciates good sound quality, but again not quite as much as me...she usually comes to gigs and festivals with me too.

The good thing is she pretty much lets me act as house DJ when I'm around, particularly in the main listening/living room. All other rooms in the house, except the bathroom, have systems with access to a central FLAC library (either via Squeezeboxes or computers). So it's pretty much music all the time, all over the house.

I've just about met all of the long term partners I've been with at some music related event or other, so I've not been in a situation where my partner didn't share my interest in music...relationships are hard enough at the best of times, it must be difficult when your partner doesn't share your passion! ;)

Yomanze
30-10-2013, 16:14
The same that's powering the Lockwoods (my main system upstairs).

I have have two sets of speaker cables for both pairs of speakers, and depending on which speakers I want to listen to (the Tannoys upstairs or the 66s downstairs), I simply swap the cables over on the power amp - simples :)

Makes blind-testing stuff, for example, a doddle! ;)

Marco.

That's pretty cool, a bit of lateral thinking. May well do something similar have been inspired!

Arkless Electronics
30-10-2013, 17:39
No way! I've had a few girlfriends who quite like music, but not to the extent that I do.... but none that had any interest in the hifi system... in fact none that didn't have a huge problem with the hifi system! I don't do WAF :eyebrows: "You don't like these huge speakers darling? Tough!"

johnB
30-10-2013, 18:17
Jane introduced me to Stax, Motown, Northern Soul,etc which opened up my eyes and ears to music that I would have ignored previously.

Unfortunately she never reciprocated with most music I like......that's marriage for you.....so I get short shrift if I play her personal bête noire, Van Morrison (or Morrisey who is equal first pariah for her).

She's never shown interest in Hi-Fi until I bought some Celestion 66s, which were a bit large for me to use the traditional response of "....no that's NOT a new CD player/amp/record player, I've had it for years"

Vive la difference.

Yomanze
30-10-2013, 19:37
No way! I've had a few girlfriends who quite like music, but not to the extent that I do.... but none that had any interest in the hifi system... in fact none that didn't have a huge problem with the hifi system! I don't do WAF :eyebrows: "You don't like these huge speakers darling? Tough!"

Ha ha you know what I think you have a point, women don't tend to 'singularly obsess' about outside stuff like guys do, how many females write for HiFi mags, and when I was a music journalist it was very much dominated by men. I suppose 'as much' might be a more relative term as the only proper geek-out girls I've known have been lesbians!

Yes a bit stereotypical and there are exceptions, but feels pretty accurate to me!

Arkless Electronics
31-10-2013, 02:01
Ha ha you know what I think you have a point, women don't tend to 'singularly obsess' about outside stuff like guys do, how many females write for HiFi mags, and when I was a music journalist it was very much dominated by men. I suppose 'as much' might be a more relative term as the only proper geek-out girls I've known have been lesbians!

Yes a bit stereotypical and there are exceptions, but feels pretty accurate to me!

Yeh but they obsess about totally meaningless trivia like shoes, handbags, downlighting, wallpaper, bathroom suites etc etc... it must be easier if you are gay and only have to deal with another man... or so I imagine! to me a house is basically a place that houses my hifi, music collection, guitars, tools etc and allows space to use them... what it looks like is pretty irrelevant! I have been forcibly reminded on more than one occasion that woman tend to take a different view :sofa:

(am I safe or is there.. gasp!.. a women on this forum :eek: Send them off for a fruit based drink and ban them Marco!)

Joe
31-10-2013, 09:05
Yeh but they obsess about totally meaningless trivia like shoes, handbags, downlighting, wallpaper, bathroom suites etc etc... it must be easier if you are gay and only have to deal with another man... or so I imagine!

Not so. I once saw a gay couple having an argument in Ikea about what colour sofa to get.

Gordon Steadman
31-10-2013, 09:28
I don't know!!!! What a lot of stereotyping going on here:doh:

All men are hard drinking, wife beating hardnuts and all women are looks/fashion/interior design obsessed airheads:eek:

I strongly suspect there may be the odd shades of grey (oops) applicable. I care as much about my surroundings as my wife and we BOTH regard our relationship as rather more important than the stuff we own. I do say WE own. Whilst it might be me that has the workshop and all the woodworking tools, we both make the decisions regarding expenditure etc and same goes for her garden business. Hifis and computers are a shared resource.

I do wonder why some people bother getting married or live with anyone else as there seems to be a distinct lack of sharing going on.

So come on guys, get a bit metrosexual and you'll all be happy for ever:lol:

Marco
31-10-2013, 10:16
Not so. I once saw a gay couple having an argument in Ikea about what colour sofa to get.

Did it end in a bitch slap?

Marco.

Joe
31-10-2013, 10:19
Did it end in a bitch slap?

Marco.

Dunno. I was dragged off to look at picture frames.

walpurgis
31-10-2013, 11:06
All men are hard drinking, wife beating hardnuts and all women are looks/fashion/interior design obsessed airheads:eek:

And?

That's normal isn't it? :eyebrows:

pjdowns
02-11-2013, 18:11
Yeah, I'd say my wife appreciates music as much as I do although we listen to it differently, for instance, she listens to the words, whereas, I generally listen to the 'toon' and I have a preference for bass where she likes a good top end ;) :)

Ninanina
02-11-2013, 20:24
My wife thinks one wire is ten too many. Luckily for me her love for buying handbags and shoes far outweighs my spending on stereo equipment :)

I'm lucky in NOT having a handbag or shoe fetish and I never have had this affliction. I am MUCH more interested in my music and hifi system.... maybe I'm odd in that respect, well not to worry... :D:D

Ninanina
02-11-2013, 20:43
Oh and I am NOT a lesbian....

Rare Bird
02-11-2013, 20:45
:lol:

Marco
02-11-2013, 21:04

There was that party once..... ;)

Marco.

pjdowns
02-11-2013, 21:35

:rfl:

synsei
02-11-2013, 21:53
I'm lucky in NOT having a handbag or shoe fetish and I never have had this affliction. I am MUCH more interested in my music and hifi system.... maybe I'm odd in that respect, well not to worry... :D:D

Jo feels exactly the same way Bev and I can categorically state here and now that she is not batting for the other side either... :D

Batty
02-11-2013, 21:59
Christine loves music, when I met her she had a boom box to listen to the radio and the occasional CD.
Now that she has been introduced to better equipment she says she is getting picky with the types of music she will listen to.
Good thing ? I don't know, but she'll still listen to a radio in the kitchen, but it is a Tivoli Radio One.

Ninanina
02-11-2013, 23:26
There was that party once..... ;)

Marco.

Oh yeah I forgot about that one.... doh!...... :D

User211
02-11-2013, 23:46
No.

She uses Spotify and watches Sky music channel videos a lot though

Marco
03-11-2013, 18:59
Oh yeah I forgot about that one.... doh!...... :D

Hehehehe... Statistically, quite a few women have had, erm, let's call it, bi-sexual moments of 'succumbed to temptation' - and rather entertaining it can be too for any 'casual observers'...! ;)

Marco.

Mike
06-11-2013, 20:29
No.... but we are no longer together, so who gives a toss! :D