PDA

View Full Version : Roksan Radius 5 Motor Hum

Ned664
22-10-2013, 07:29
Morning all,

I have had a Radius 5 from the beginning of the year and have just noticed a little hum from the motor - barely noticeable except for very quiet passages. Anyone else got this TT and experienced the same? Any fixes?

Cheers

chris@panteg
23-10-2013, 08:30
Hi Nick , I had a radius 5 a few years back , used it with a goldring 1006 , never noticed any hum ?

What cart are you using and phono set up ?

Ned664
23-10-2013, 09:57
Hi Chris,

I have a Sumiko Blue Point Evo III through an IFi phono stage. However, the issuue is with noise form the motor. 'Hum' is perhaps the wrong term as it suggests the issue is with feedback through the speakers - there is no problem with this, in fact I love what is coming through the speakers! But there is noticeable motor noise - present when the needle is not in the groove. Do I take it yours did not have the same characteristics?

chris@panteg
23-10-2013, 10:14
Hi Chris,

I have a Sumiko Blue Point Evo III through an IFi phono stage. However, the issuue is with noise form the motor. 'Hum' is perhaps the wrong term as it suggests the issue is with feedback through the speakers - there is no problem with this, in fact I love what is coming through the speakers! But there is noticeable motor noise - present when the needle is not in the groove. Do I take it yours did not have the same characteristics?

No it didn't ,but it did have a brand new motor fitted , did you buy it new or 2nd hand ? it is a lovely sounding deck .

Ned664
23-10-2013, 10:59
was new - well ex demonstrator. I might contact Roksan and see if a new motor woud sort it. Agreed sound superb to my ears!

Johnnie7
23-10-2013, 21:53
yea most likely the motor or even the pcb/power supply

would give roksan a email and see if they have had any issues with this motor

bw
j7