PDA

View Full Version : FS audiophile playstation PS1

thebeathunters
21-10-2013, 15:34
as i definitely became an Lp-only freak :D, i part with a modified PS1 i bought new for my studio from the designer a year ago and used very lightly.
size of the unit is larger than the official PS1 for improved power supply. there's solid aluminum feet with rubber insulating, high quality gold plated Neutrik RCA, blue LED to turn on the CD player. the laser was adjusted to allow all the reading on audio CD and read CD-R and is protected on OFF mode by a crsytal cd
all resistors and capacitors in the circuit were removed and the video section has been disabled. a remote control circuit was added so the CD player can be remotely controlled via RC, which will be included. there's an IEC connector so you can use your choice of power cable.
the results of these changes: a closer analog sound, deep bass and treble well controlled that can compete with higher end CD players i had here, like Linn Genki, Da Vinci or Philips 850 mkII
design is original and a one-of-a-kind creation, with a tongue-in-cheek PS1 logo :rolleyes:
price asked is £200 ship.included

Wakefield Turntables
21-10-2013, 15:56
I can strongly recommend one of these as I have one. £200 is pretty cheap and a bargain IMHO.

struth
21-10-2013, 16:02
its certainly different.!

not sure if I love it or hate it, but good luck.