PDA

View Full Version : F/S Rega Elicit intergrated amp

carruthersesq
18-10-2013, 11:09
I have for sale a mint Rega Elicit in black, complete with original box, instruction, remote etc.

Looking to swap for a Naim Nait XS but if no swap available I'll sell for £750 plus delievery to fund a Nait XS purchase.

hifi_dave
18-10-2013, 13:21
A truly lovely but (because of politics) sadly underrated amp.

Have you dem'd it against the XS ?

carruthersesq
18-10-2013, 13:34
Hi Dave
no not side by side. I was a long time (20 ish yrs) Naim man and i kind of hanker for another Nait, a amp that was my first step into "real" hifi.

The Elicit is a lovely amp though and it will not be the end of the world if i end up sticking with it (listening to it right now and enjoying every beat).

What do you mean when you say "due to politics"? I've heard you say that a couple of times now.

hifi_dave
18-10-2013, 13:42
I'd rather not elaborate but it's lack of exposure had nothing at all down to the product. It's a great amp but few have even seen one.

I would suggest you do that demo before making a decision to sell the Elicit.

DSJR
18-10-2013, 19:50
I'll bite, since I have nowt to lose...

The few remaining UK HiFi buyers tend to buy used, not new and the few who do buy new expensive integrateds follow the Naim-shepherd.. baaaaa!

The Brio R can get away with it in the UK 'cos it's well priced, although not as cheap as the best from China, Arcam seeming to have all but disappeared from this end of the separates market I think. Take the concept to well over a grand though and things get iffy. I only heard the previous Elicit once, but it WAS a good amp. The current one promises to improve on this standard, but like the Isis and Osiris units, I doubt it'll sell hugely in the UK unless there's a big upturn in people's finances no matter how good it may be.

I'll tell you now; if you want a cheapish 'upgrade' that isn't a Rega, try to find a Krell 400 series integrated, which is on a different plane to any Naim integrated amp of any age, and most of the pre-supply-power amps they make too!!!!!