PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Soundscapes

ListeningEar
15-10-2013, 13:22
Not sure where to post this (Moderators,...help please?). I will be airing a new radio show very soon on a local community radio station called Secklow Sounds here in Milton Keynes. It's all volunteer run but hopefully next year we will have everything in order to obtain our FM license.

Anyway,...my show will concentrate on how music has been influenced by electronics, I will try and cover all genres of music where synths, drum machines, effects, samplers, etc., etc. have played their part. Show will be broadcast live over the net and it will also be available for download immediately after the show. Once I am ready to go live I will notify the forum again and ask that you promote it to all your contacts no matter where in the world they are.

Take care,

Craig
aka DJ Werkz

The Grand Wazoo
15-10-2013, 23:13
I've moved this thread to Abstract Chat where it probably sits best.

walpurgis
16-10-2013, 15:48
Don't forget to mention the Mellotron and Musique Concrete Craig!

ListeningEar
17-10-2013, 23:23
Most definitely my friend ;) It's not my show but the listeners show too so any input on suggestions or requests are most welcome. You can PM me if you have any suggestions.

ListeningEar
03-12-2013, 11:22
Apologies for the belated message but the radio show started this past Sunday, I had put together a pilot show which was up online on Spreaker, Soundcloud and Mixcloud but this was a one hour slot. The station has now allowed me to present a two-hour show every week and if you want details you can find it here:

http://www.secklowsounds.org/programmes/synthetic-soundscapes

If you miss the show you can listen again online or download but checking the link below each week:

http://www.spreaker.com/user/djwerkz

If you have any requests please feel free to send them to me via email: craig@secklowsounds.org or text me on 07956218723.

The show planned for Sunday December 29th will be a special party mix style show, there will be three continuous 30 minute mixes each covering different electronic styles, thought this would be appropriate as it's close to year end.

Thanks for looking ;)...and listening hopefully!